Updated Edge, now throwing a code

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 02:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jeeze all these custom tuning guys really have you guys scared lol. it is impossible to run lean without knowing it. if your fuel trims cant compensate you will throw a check engine light. the long term fuel trims have many different cells for different driving conditions, idle, cruise, moderate accel, ect. they all learn from the short term and remember how much fuel to add in each cell to bring the short term back to zero. the only time fuel trims do not compensate is in open loop which is when it runs super rich anyways. as for ppl running an intake and getting a check engine light, you probably have an 04 which had problems with the fuel trims ramping up with a stock intake then adding an aftermarket one would put it over the threshold, which is where custom tuning is needed. bottom line is if you dont have a CEL you are NOT running lean...

Old 07-01-2008, 03:11 AM
Originally Posted by dixiedesign
Quick Update: code disappeared like mellow's. Bill emailed me and suggested I give him a ring in the morning, I emailed him back to let him know the code disappeared, will see if he still wants a ring
Hey, I'm always happy to chat and am happy to help when someone's got a problem.

I'm glad your DTC got cleared up. Being that you have a 4.6L, you may want to check the FAQ page on our website about the throttle body issues we've seen on those engines. They get a little gummed up and can result in strange issues after reprogramming including low/erratic idle.

Take it easy.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:27 AM
Thumbs up

Thanks for the help! I'll have to take a look at my throttle body, see how she looks! I really enjoy these forums and chatting with you all here, and talk about impressed with PHP! I can't believe how caring and concerned that Bill and Corey are with not only their customers, but their potential customers too!

Old 08-15-2008, 04:28 PM
update to the code i was getting
answer was the throttle body it was dirty cleaned it and no more code better idle too

Old 08-15-2008, 05:33 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by mellowyellow
update to the code i was getting
answer was the throttle body it was dirty cleaned it and no more code better idle too
Thats is good to know, glad that's all it was. I clean my MAF as part of regular maintenance when I change the fuel filter.

Old 08-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by dixiedesign
Ran my new Edge Evo for a week on Level 2, about 250 miles city & highway, didn't throw any codes, even with my S&B CAI. During a rainy Saturday afternoon I decided to see if there were any updates to the Fusion software, and there were. Plugged her in, updated, put her back in the truck, took my wife to dinner, and halfway there I threw code, check engine light on. The code is DTC P0506 (IAC) Idle Speed Low.

Is this due to my CAI, or do I need to adjust my idle? Planning on upgrading to Gryphon after I install my High Flow Cats.
4.6L are notorious for Idle speed issues after programming. As you found, the throttle body is usually the cause.

Glad you're up and going.

Last edited by ASEMechanic; 08-16-2008 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Missed updated post.

Quick Reply: Updated Edge, now throwing a code