Updated Edge, now throwing a code

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 08:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Updated Edge, now throwing a code

Ran my new Edge Evo for a week on Level 2, about 250 miles city & highway, didn't throw any codes, even with my S&B CAI. During a rainy Saturday afternoon I decided to see if there were any updates to the Fusion software, and there were. Plugged her in, updated, put her back in the truck, took my wife to dinner, and halfway there I threw code, check engine light on. The code is DTC P0506 (IAC) Idle Speed Low.

Is this due to my CAI, or do I need to adjust my idle? Planning on upgrading to Gryphon after I install my High Flow Cats.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:13 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I have no idea why you are throwing the code. But two of my personal opinions. I would not run any intake other than stock with Edge canned tunes. Just too much possibility to run lean and never know it. Secondly, I do not believe in updating just because it's out there. Most updates are to remedy a particular problem and if I don't have the problem and my unit is working fine, why run the risk of downloading a new problem?

I bought my Edge about 2 years ago and the only update I ever did was to download Bill's custom tunes and I have never had a problem. Just my conservative philosophy.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by dixiedesign
Ran my new Edge Evo for a week on Level 2, about 250 miles city & highway, didn't throw any codes, even with my S&B CAI. During a rainy Saturday afternoon I decided to see if there were any updates to the Fusion software, and there were. Plugged her in, updated, put her back in the truck, took my wife to dinner, and halfway there I threw code, check engine light on. The code is DTC P0506 (IAC) Idle Speed Low.

Is this due to my CAI, or do I need to adjust my idle? Planning on upgrading to Gryphon after I install my High Flow Cats.
Hi there,

Bill says he's not sure why you're getting that TC, but if you give us your HEX code, he'd be happy to check into it for you. ( He still does the updates for Edge in his other life).

Old 06-30-2008, 10:04 AM
AWESOME! I'll shoot it to you via email here shortly!

Here's exactly what the Edge is saying for anyone else experiencing similar problems or just curious: P0506 Idle Air Control System RPM Lower Than Expected

Old 06-30-2008, 10:06 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
AWESOME! I'll shoot it to you via email here shortly!

Here's exactly what the Edge is saying for anyone else experiencing similar problems or just curious: P0506 Idle Air Control System RPM Lower Than Expected
Sounds as if you could just increase the idle setting.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:49 AM
That's sort of what I was thinking, before the update I believe the idle was default at 100 and went up in incriments of 100, now it's default at zero and goes up in incriments of 1. I sent Corey and Bill my HEX code, will probably wait and see what they say. I'll keep everyone here posted.

I appreciate your attention and concern bluejay, I've learned a lot from you, all over the F150online forums

Old 06-30-2008, 10:51 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
That's sort of what I was thinking, before the update I believe the idle was default at 100 and went up in incriments of 100, now it's default at zero and goes up in incriments of 1. I sent Corey and Bill my HEX code, will probably wait and see what they say. I'll keep everyone here posted.

I appreciate your attention and concern bluejay, I've learned a lot from you, all over the F150online forums
Glad I can be of assistance, I've learned a lot from others on this site.

Last edited by Bluejay; 06-30-2008 at 11:42 AM.

Trending Topics

Old 06-30-2008, 10:54 AM
mine thru that code after i got my custom tunes from bill.it has happen twice , i run the S&B CAI as well,all i do is clear it and i haven't seen it sense ,dont know the prob ,but i do need to clean my throttle body tho,if you get the answer let me know please

Old 06-30-2008, 10:53 PM
Quick Update: code disappeared like mellow's. Bill emailed me and suggested I give him a ring in the morning, I emailed him back to let him know the code disappeared, will see if he still wants a ring

Old 06-30-2008, 10:59 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Quick Update: code disappeared like mellow's. Bill emailed me and suggested I give him a ring in the morning, I emailed him back to let him know the code disappeared, will see if he still wants a ring
This is the big reason I like PHP. Bill is there to support you!

- Jack

Old 06-30-2008, 11:09 PM
Suspended
What's the idle set at when it's throwing that code?

Old 06-30-2008, 11:34 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Thumper! (Big hijack)!

You changed your sig while I was away! I'm an "old dog", I don't like new tricks!

- Jack

Old 06-30-2008, 11:35 PM
Suspended
I got a new front bumper, chin spoiler, rear spoiler, and a few things so I had too. The forum is now implementing a signature size limit of 500x100, *cough cough*, so it's hard to fit the girls in there now.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I got a new front bumper, chin spoiler, rear spoiler, and a few things so I had too. The forum is now implementing a signature size limit of 500x100, *cough cough*, so it's hard to fit the girls in there now.
I dont know what your talking about because that is one badarse Biatch in your sig right now

Old 07-01-2008, 12:29 AM
Suspended
Thanks, I appreciate that.

Quick Reply: Updated Edge, now throwing a code