Superchips

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Superchips

I have a blue superchips thing like 3 inches long and an inch wide and i dont know how to use it it has a thing to plug in on the back.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:47 PM
What truck do you have? Is the chip programmed for your truck? If not you cannot use it. If your truck is an 04 or newer you cannot use it.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:23 PM
It is a 98 f-250 light duty, I dont even know where the chip plugs in..I just bought the truck and it was in the glove box,

Old 07-01-2008, 09:16 AM
Up behind the glove box is your ECM. It has a socket that the chip plugs into. Disconnect the negative bat. cable and plug chip firmly into socket. Socket may have a cover over it depending on what previous owner did. Make sure chip is secure and reconnect bat. cable. Attempt to start truck and see what happens. Worst thing that will happen is a no start situation. Search on here for more detailed instructions.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by bluebackpack
I have a blue superchips thing like 3 inches long and an inch wide and i dont know how to use it it has a thing to plug in on the back.
Give me a call when you have a minute and we can get you worked out. A couple things though...

1) What is the code on the chip? There should be a sticker with the calibration written on it.

2) What is the code on the PCM? The PCM is located behind the battery. On the side of the connector facing the engine is a sticker with all the calibration info and part numbers. Need the BIG 3 letter/1 number code. (ex. FOU1)

Get me that information and I'll let you know if that chip will work with your PCM. If it's not compatible, we can reflash that chip for you so it works with your vehicle.

Take care.

Quick Reply: Superchips