Edge lvl 3 - No High-End HP

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Edge lvl 3 - No High-End HP

I have 93 octane in my truck right now and I just tried to pass a car on the highway. I mashed the gas, hit 4900 RPM. The truck did not want to accelerate at all. Very very very slowly increased in speed.

I bumped my timing up .5 my WOT fuel to 1.5 and that is it for custom tuning.

I just had my plugs replaced too. Cleaned my MAF also.

Thoughts?

Old 07-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is your HEX code and what modifications (if any) do you have. It would be helpful in diagnosing any potential calibration issues.

Also, one thing I have noticed is that setting the WOT Fuel Limit too high can often cause loss of performance, particularly at higher altitudes. At 4500 ft. I had to drop it to 1.20 in order to bring mid & upper RPM performance back up. A quick visit to the AFR meter showed we were hitting high 8's/low 9's in the AFR range at 1.50.

Let me know...

Bill

Old 07-05-2008, 07:54 PM
I will get you the HEX code here after while.

But I am not that high in altitude as I am just in regular old Kentucky. Not the hillbilly part.

I will try backing down the WOT fuel and see.

As for modifications, I only have a K&N Drop in filter. That is it. The oil was just changed, the fuel filter was changed about 15,000 miles ago. But the odd thing was when I floored it, it was not surging. Just ZERO power there.

Old 07-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by ASEMechanic
What is your HEX code and what modifications (if any) do you have. It would be helpful in diagnosing any potential calibration issues.

Also, one thing I have noticed is that setting the WOT Fuel Limit too high can often cause loss of performance, particularly at higher altitudes. At 4500 ft. I had to drop it to 1.20 in order to bring mid & upper RPM performance back up. A quick visit to the AFR meter showed we were hitting high 8's/low 9's in the AFR range at 1.50.

Let me know...

Bill
Hey Bill.....don't know if i missed it or not but having what the actual parameters mean would be great...like you mentioned above with the afr....what should we be looking at vs. something to high......or low. alot of the pid's don't mean much to me without parameters....just curious.
I did just send another f150 guy to you (at least gave him info and your website).

jim

Old 07-07-2008, 03:00 AM
I'll have to look into adding that to the manual. I haven't had much request for it and of course I kow what everything means so everyone else is supposed to as well, isn't that right?

I am still looking into adding O2 sensor monitoring in the units, but just haven't had enough time to update firmware. This month is starting out well though and should afford some development time to start adding the requested features people have been asking for.

Ah... never enough hours in the day or days in the week.

Take care.

Old 07-07-2008, 05:14 PM
I apologize for not getting back sooner on this, but I was thrown onto midnights the past couple days for work.

HEX File TEJF1P5

I am getting ready to check for upgrades for the Edge.

Old 07-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Turd Furguson
I apologize for not getting back sooner on this, but I was thrown onto midnights the past couple days for work.

HEX File TEJF1P5

I am getting ready to check for upgrades for the Edge.
I have my level 3 on +1.5 timing and 1.60 WOT fuel and mine has plenty of high end hp Sounds like maybe plug or fuel injector problem

Old 07-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by ASEMechanic

I am still looking into adding O2 sensor monitoring in the units, but just haven't had enough time to update firmware. This month is starting out well though and should afford some development time to start adding the requested features people have been asking for.

Ah... never enough hours in the day or days in the week.

Take care.
Bill, If you could do that it would be great!!

All it would take is for us to update our firmware in our edge/php units?

Old 07-07-2008, 07:34 PM
I am going to update my Edge. If that doesn't work I am gonna have to check A/F ratios here.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:58 PM
My mileage is excellent. I just average 16mpg on 1/4 tank of 93 before the refill. That is up from 11mpg.

I updated the Edge, gonna try the custom tuning again, then investigate.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Nope I am still falling on my face. Even at stock.

Looks like I am going to have to head back to the shop and have them investigate. Crap this sucks !! I am on Midnights right now.

Quick Reply: Edge lvl 3 - No High-End HP