My Edge review

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for that info.....I was looking at the 3.5" too. now if I could only get Bill to do the tuning another way I'd order my AF1 tomorrow.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:28 PM
King,
I am glad you listened to the replies you got earlier. I told you it was gonna be worth it. I know you got some pretty strange answers like "get rid of it", don't do it" and sell it and get a Xcal. As you can see, not everyone has issues with the Edge. I think that some of the issues that are reported are user issues. For some reason, people don't like to read instructions. Once again, welcome to the Edge owners club. It is really a nice tuner with great features.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Thats why I came to this forum, everyone seems to be really knowledgable. The last thing I want to do is waste my money on something that isn't going to work well together. From the research I have done th AF1 looks like the "best" for my setup. I'll take all the help I can get!

Old 07-08-2008, 08:43 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
If you haven't done so yet, talk to Bill at PHP! He's really the only one who can give you reliable information on using an Edge with an AF1. Some people have reported problems, but maybe there are some who have no problems at all.

Regardless, he will not give you a "snow job". You'll learn what you need to know about this combination and possible valid future courses of action if you will only "pick up the phone"!

- Jack

Old 07-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Thanks I just emailed him and I'll call him in the morning. I'll make sure I talk to him before I order anything, does Bill sell intakes and where is the best place to get the AF1?

Old 07-08-2008, 09:15 PM
CAI with Edge

Reading your posts how do I go about getting a custom tune for my edge because I have a Volant Cold Air Intake?

Old 07-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
King, as far as I know, Bill does not sell intakes. But, I'd guess he might have a few sources in mind if you asked him.

Phileefan, Bill will convert your Edge to a Gryphon (a firmware and case upgrade) and then he can write you tunes that will work properly with your Volant. The upgrade cost is minimal and the tunes are also VERY inexpensive.

Go to Bill's website: www.powerhungryperformance.com and you'll be able to see the prices (and, what all he has to offer).

To both of you - Bill and Corey Cohron at PHP are really good folks. They won't try to "sell" you anything. They'll simply tell you what they can do for you. You get to make the decisions, in your own time - NO pressure!

- Jack

Old 07-08-2008, 11:00 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by phileefan
Reading your posts how do I go about getting a custom tune for my edge because I have a Volant Cold Air Intake?
Read my post from earlier ..

Bill can not write tunes for the Edge anymore. If you want custom tunes on your Edge, you have to send your unit in to PHP and get a new "Gryphon".
So in order to get custom tuning via a Edge/Gryphon you'll have to contact Bill at PowerHungryPerformance.com ..

Quick Reply: My Edge review