E mail tunes

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 08:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, durring the week I DO drive a 4 cyl, because my commute is 80 miles a day and it would cost me a fortune with the truck (not to mention put lots of mileage on). The days I drive the truck, however, are the days I enjoy my ride!

Old 07-09-2008, 10:22 AM
i imagine you show no mercy on those days...

Old 07-10-2008, 03:51 AM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Unluckydiablo

durring the week I DO drive a 4 cyl
Which one? Toyota Yaris? Honda Fit?

Old 07-10-2008, 04:05 AM
Originally Posted by JeremyGSU
The truck runs OK and idles fine but I do notice there are some gaps in the power band for sure. You'll be accelerating normally and the power will cut in/out at certain points in the power band. It's done this ever since I got the tuner but I just got used to it.
Ya know my Troyer tune does this as well, I thought it was maybe it had something to do with the exhaust since I had it installed after the I ordered and installed my Troyer tunes. I'll be accelerating and going at a pretty good clip with good power and then it shifts and the power is gone. I also see it on the scanguage where the HP will be climbing and then it drops by a good 15 HP when it shifts. I've been running the 87 performance tune except for 2 tanks at 92 a couple months back. Can't remember if it did it on the 92 performance tune or just the 87. I'll have to move back up to the 92 tune and see if it still does that.

I also ordered a 92 performance tune from Justin today and am really looking forward to getting that so I can compare the two 92 performance tunes together. I really need to find a dyno out here so I can get the truck on it.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:48 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by wxscpo
I also ordered a 92 performance tune from Justin today and am really looking forward to getting that so I can compare the two 92 performance tunes together. I really need to find a dyno out here so I can get the truck on it.
Well you're in luck. There's a dyno in Waipahu. The address is 94459 Ukee St. Unit A. Phone number is 808-676-8937. And from what I'm looking at they do have an in house dyno and are a SCT authorized dealer.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Well you're in luck. There's a dyno in Waipahu. The address is 94459 Ukee St. Unit A. Phone number is 808-676-8937. And from what I'm looking at they do have an in house dyno and are a SCT authorized dealer.
Dude how the hell did you find that? I have asked multiple people out here, some even at the auto show last week and none knew of a dyno out here. I'm definitely going to be looking those folks up and getting my truck out there if it's truly there. My truck goes into the shop today to get the bed painted, but I get it back tomorrow so I know what my weekend may consist of. Thanks

Edit: Just called them up, have to go measure my tire width because may be too wide for their dyno. If I had stock tires I could throw them back on, but I don't.

Last edited by wxscpo; 07-10-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by Fifty150
Which one? Toyota Yaris? Honda Fit?
2003 Hyundai Accent actually. Last fill up was 46.1 miles per gallon. Not typical (40 mpg is typical), but deffinately a nice surprise!

Old 07-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Suspended
Dude how the hell did you find that? I have asked multiple people out here, some even at the auto show last week and none knew of a dyno out here. I'm definitely going to be looking those folks up and getting my truck out there if it's truly there. My truck goes into the shop today to get the bed painted, but I get it back tomorrow so I know what my weekend may consist of. Thanks

Edit: Just called them up, have to go measure my tire width because may be too wide for their dyno. If I had stock tires I could throw them back on, but I don't.
SCT's website. Also, the tires should fit. Mine fit on the rollers at VMP's shop. I've heard from a lot of people that it's actually okay for them to not fit completely as long as the majority of the foot print on the roller. It's not like the truck will crab walk sideways anyways.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:14 PM
Took my measurements and I'm 84" from tire to tire (that's outside tread measurement). Talked to the shop owner and he said his dyno could handle up to 81". I'm gonna take it down tomorrow and we're going to put it on and see how it handles it. I may end up waiting to get it dyno'd though because I want to dyno the VMP 92 (which I got in my email today) and Troyer 92 performance tunes to compare and I still have 3/4 tank of 87 octane in the truck. I did order an VMP 87 performance tune today though (Justin was great and allowed me to simply paypal $40 instead of placing a whole new single tune order). I may just get the two 87 tunes dyno'd since that's what I seem to run 99% of the time anyways.

If I dyno the 87 tunes will there be any huge differences between those and the 92 tunes?

Old 07-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Unluckydiablo
2003 Hyundai Accent actually. Last fill up was 46.1 miles per gallon. Not typical (40 mpg is typical), but deffinately a nice surprise!

silly me.....

.....and here I was thinking that a 4.0L V6 Mustang at 26 MPG would be a kick *** improvement over the 16 MPG that I get on my truck. But at least with the Mustang, I could always install a cold air intake, dual exhaust, tweak & tune it for power, add on a supercharger, blah, blah, blah.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:23 PM
Suspended
If I dyno the 87 tunes will there be any huge differences between those and the 92 tunes?
It's going to be a difference but not too much. Regardless for comparison's sake it wouldn't really matter. The 2004+ F150s respond really well to 87 octane tunes. Where as the previous body style wouldn't put decent numbers without going with premium fuel.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Shortbox54
I am very interested in ordering custom tunes online from one of the reputable tuners, however am a bit weary. How accurately can these guys tune a vehicle without ever seeing it - and how much less accurate would it be if the vehicle had say; LT's, Cats, Exhaust, E-fans + CAI??
Hi there,

If you do some research on Mike, Justin, or Bill, you'll find that they've been doing this for quite a long time. I can only speak for the latter. Bill's been in the automotive industry since he was a kid, and has been tuning for more than a dozen years.

Our custom order form sheet is three pages long and asks for lots of information. There are over 100 parameters that are taken into consideration for each calibration. Not only does Bill tune for your modifications, he also tunes for your specific BRAND of CAI, etc., as different brands react differently.

These guys know their stuff.

Quick Reply: E mail tunes