Edge and Exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Chevymynutz
I was under the impression that the Edge was designed to work within the parameters of a stock F-150 and that when you start changing things it has a hard time. So that is why I thought the exhaust had something to do with it since it didn't start until after I got my new muffler. In the transmission only setting it isn't changing fuel delivery or anything like that so it seems to run better. I am going to try unhooking the battery for awhile still and see where that gets me. Once again thanks for the help.
You are right in your assumption about the Edge being for stock engines, but that is talking about intakes. The exhaust is not a factor.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:16 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chevymynutz
I was under the impression that the Edge was designed to work within the parameters of a stock F-150 and that when you start changing things it has a hard time. So that is why I thought the exhaust had something to do with it since it didn't start until after I got my new muffler. In the transmission only setting it isn't changing fuel delivery or anything like that so it seems to run better. I am going to try unhooking the battery for awhile still and see where that gets me. Once again thanks for the help.
Edge does not work well with an aftermarket intake since the Edge tuning is designed for the factory airbox. It knows nothings different and can't make adjustments. The exhaust isn't going to effect much and nothing in terms of tuning. Now if you had long tubes and no cats than yes there would be some things different in the tune but even than not much.

The transmission only setting only alters the transmission in a sense of where it shifts and how it shifts. As far as not seeing power on Lvl2 or Lvl3 there is a problem. There should be a LOT more power there compared to Lvl1 or the factory tune. I suggest you send Bill an email in the mean time since he's so busy. Do what I said as well, it couldn't hurt anything.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:40 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Yep, you should feel about 20 to 25 HP. Enough that you wouls never want to go back to stock.

Quick Reply: Edge and Exhaust.