Getting PO'd at SCT, Troyer may be next...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Getting PO'd at SCT, Troyer may be next...

Anybody notice that SCT shut down new posts to their forums about the end of November, 2007? I imagine it was because they couldn't take anymore of the p*ssed off posts they were getting regarding the same problems I'm having. I ordered the X3 from Troyer, along with the AR1 CAI. Since then, I've been fighting problems with firmware and software revisions, datalogging issues and most worrysome, the near loss of my factory tune. Granted, Troyer has been excellent with customer service - until my last email which has gone unanswered for a week now. Apparently I didn't get the note that was supposed to be included with the X3 that states "do not, under any circumstances, upgrade the firmware or perform a reformat to the unit unless specifically instructed by your dealer to do so!". When I got my X3 I went straight to the SCT website (because no manual was shipped with the unit) and followed the instructions for installing the drivers, and the livelink updater software. When the unit failed to connect to my laptop, I went back to the site and did a firmware upgrade, and uploaded the latest "canned" tunes. Things have gone down-hill since then, and I'm still in the dark. Anybody been there, done that? What now!? Being able to save my factory tune to both the X3 and my laptop (backup) is crucial to me - especially after my experience trying to run the X3's "canned" 87 oct. tune. (can you say motor-trying-to-eat-itself-for-lunch?) I need to be certain I can return to stock tune at any time. The other issue is that I understood that I should be able to view live PCM data on my PC, when it was connected through the X3 - As yet, I can only save a datalogging session on the unit and then upload it to the laptop for viewing later. NBD, but....

Old 07-11-2008, 12:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you can only do the live viewing with the Livewire unit, but don't quote me. I had an issue with X3 as well. Turns out I needed to format the memory card in the X3 but no where in my info did it say I had to or even how to do it. Took 1 call to SCT and its been fine ever since. Hope you get yours working cuz Mike's tunes rock.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:47 AM
i don't think you can save your stock tune to a laptop; wrong format

Old 07-11-2008, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by jpdadeo
i don't think you can save your stock tune to a laptop; wrong format

I saved mine on my laptop. Format does not matter as long as you have the correct software.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:30 AM
you can save it but you can’t do anything with it

Old 07-11-2008, 10:56 PM
you can save it but you can’t do anything with it
I used the LiveLink Updater software to upload the factory tune from the X3 to my laptop, but later when I needed it (after the X3 said it couldn't find my factory tune) the Updater software didn't recognize the file. Not sure why yet.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:04 PM
Suspended
If the file is not a ll3 than it won't work.

Trending Topics

Old 07-12-2008, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Well, there's the trouble then. It saved as an lbu file. Now, how can I get it saved as an ll3? Thanks for the info.

Old 07-12-2008, 05:02 AM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
I'm not that smart. I called SCT. Guess what? They answered. A tech guided me through their website, did a remote, then updated and re-formatted my SCT X3. After that, Troyer re-sent the tunes to me and talked me through loading them onto the X3. Everything worked like they say it would.

Give them a call. They will help you.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
it won't work anyway; can't do nothing with it

Old 07-12-2008, 10:51 AM
Suspended
it won't work anyway; can't do nothing with it
Is there an echo in here?

Quick Reply: Getting PO'd at SCT, Troyer may be next...