VMP Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 12:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VMP Tunes

Alright so since I already have an Xcal II with Troyer tunes, I went ahead and order a couple of tunes from Justin to compare. I have a couple of questions regarding them though.

1. When ordering a tuner along with his custom tunes you get an option to select performance or mileage tunes. When you order tunes alone you don't get that option. You get the option of which octane the tune is for and then there's a mileage/economy option where you can select normal, moderate economy or aggressive economy. I got both an 87 and 92 octane tune with normal. So how do I know if the tunes are performance or mileage?

2. I initially ordered the 92 octane tune only from Justin by filling out the form on the VMP website. Then I emailed him and asked if I could just throw the 87octane tune on the same order or did I need to fill out the form again for the 87 tune. He replied saying to simply paypal him $40, which I did. Got the 87 octane tune the next day. I installed it today, but before I did I went in and check the axel ratio and it was set to stock, I had to manually change it to the 4.56 setting for the gears I'm running. Not sure why I had to do that since I put in the mods blank that I was running Yukon 4.56 gears. My fear is that since I didn't fill out the form for the 87 octane tune all the settings are set to stock making that tune useless for me. I would have thought the same settings used for the 92 octane tune would be used for the 87 octane so it should ahve been set for the 4.56 gears. Unless my thinking is incorrect for some reason and I shouldn't be changing the axel ratio to 4.56. I'm going to go out and see if the 92 octane tune is set for 4.56.

I have emailed Justin these same questions/concerns, but thought I'd throw them up here as well to see if some of the more knowledgable VMP folks could shed any light. Thanks

Edit: The VMP 92 octane tune axel ratio was also set to stock. I wouldn't think this would be a parameter I would have to change myself since I had stated that I was running 4.56 gears. The Troyer tune was also set to stock for axel ratio, but I didn't have the 4.56's when I got my Troyer tunes so I understand about having to change that parameter when I load my Troyer tunes.

Last edited by wxscpo; 07-13-2008 at 12:54 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Suspended
1st question. The tunes will be performance unless you specify it in the section that says Vehilce Mods/Tune Requests". If you need to change something than just shoot him an email with your order number, etc.

2. The gear ratio is a no big deal. All you do is change it like you did. The only time the tuner will mess with it is when you've got 4.88s+ because you can't select them. It only goes up to 4.56s.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Thanks Thumper, figured I'd get a response from you.

I wanted performance tunes so I'm glad to hear that's what they are. I know changing the tune to the correct gear ratio is no big deal, but I wouldn't think I'd have to since I put it in the mods section of the form. I thought the tune would be correctly set for all my mods, otherwise why the need to even list them, so I almost didn't check.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Suspended
No problem. The need for the mods/tune requests is for mods like air intakes, long tubes, offroad mid pipes, superchargers, turbos, or any special tune requests like electric fans to turn on a certain temperature, etc.

Quick Reply: VMP Tunes