Help!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 08:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Help!!!!!!!

I need some expert tune advice! This morning i started up my truck to come to work, and it acted like it was LITERALLY gasping for air! And the exhaust smelt like it was burning something! as in fire!

the only thing i can think it would be is my tune. i returned it to stock and it ran fine!

I will go into alittle more detail. I got my programmer friday, installed my VMP 87 perf tune. ran that friday/saturday/sunday. i noticed that when i went to plug in the xcal3 that it told me what tune i had installed on the truck currently on the home screen. i went ahead and returned it to stock, and then uploaded my 87 mileage tune. it seemed to work fine, but i didnt start it to check if it worked. but before i put the tune on, it asked me; "Settings?: 1)Keep Previous 2)Change Settings 3)No." I picked "NO" and downloaded the tune.

Was i supposed to select "Keep Previous"??

i did notice this morning returning it to stock, that it did not show a tune was installed, when i KNOW! that i installed the mileage tune yesterday afternoon.

HELP!

Old 07-14-2008, 10:39 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, each time you flash the vehicle with the tuner it will ask you do you want to make changes, if you want to keep previous changes, and if you want to program. You can select cancel or no for the first two, if you are not changing any on device adjustments, and then hit yes or select for the third question so the tune can be flashed onto the vehicle.

The tuner stores any on device changes you have made and allows you to keep or discard the changes each time you flash.

If you want to flash back to stock, read your strategy, and email me with your full name and order # I can take a look at your tunes.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:13 AM
Question

the truck is running fine now that i flashed it back to stock. when i saw the "Pevious Settings", i wasnt sure if that meant i wanted to keep the same settings as the perf tune as the mileage tune, so i said "No." Me and my dad did try to find a rattling noise underneath the hood, and opened and closed the throttle by hand a few times to see if anything was loose, would this have caused the rough idle? Also i forgot to say that when it was "gasping" for air, it would rev fine between 1000-2000 rpm, but below 1000, it would almost die, and it would have about a 2 sec delay when revving over 2000...should i disconnect the (-) battery cable, let the ecu/pcm reset, and then try to flash it again this afternoon?

Old 07-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flashing resets the PCM, so just disconnecting your battery will not have an effect. If you are having problems with the tune drop me an email with the info I listed above.

Old 07-14-2008, 02:58 PM
i am going to try again after i get off of work. If it does not work, i will shoot you an email. I also had a couple other questions to ask anyway, so i will include those as well. Thanks for the help Justin.