edge evo and dealer maintainence

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edge evo and dealer maintainence

Do those of you with edge evos remove them when going to the dealer?

Reason I ask is my dealer does my oil and tire rotation for a very reasonable price. If they see the evo, I would imagine they would give me a hard time about stuff from there on out.

Does the evo have to stay plugged in once installed? How much of a pain is it to remove the pod if you were to remove it every 5000 miles?

Thanks!

Old 07-22-2008, 11:47 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by wdhigh
Do those of you with edge evos remove them when going to the dealer?

Reason I ask is my dealer does my oil and tire rotation for a very reasonable price. If they see the evo, I would imagine they would give me a hard time about stuff from there on out.

Does the evo have to stay plugged in once installed? How much of a pain is it to remove the pod if you were to remove it every 5000 miles?

Thanks!
The Edge can be unplugged and removed without a problem. It is only a monitor. Whatever program you have loaded will remain in your PCM. However, if you think there is a possibility that they will mess with the PCM, you need to return it to stock before going in. They should not mess with it for an oil change, but if you are having any repair work done, I would return it to stock, just for safty sake.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:17 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Yep, listen to Bluejay. There are numerous posts about this in this forum. I return my tune to stock and remove the Gryphon whenever I take the truck to the dealer.

- Jack

Old 07-23-2008, 12:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
x3
I remove the pod and all, and just tuck the wire in the dash, also return my truck to stock.
I used to go as far as removing my intake but I left that in a few times and have had no problems with service yet???

Quick Reply: edge evo and dealer maintainence