Help! ECM NOT SUPPORTED VMP

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! ECM NOT SUPPORTED VMP

I just got my tuner today, and when i try to load my tunes the xcal 2 reads Error - ecm not supported

what Now???

These are VMP tunes if that is important.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by Shortbox54
I just got my tuner today, and when i try to load my tunes the xcal 2 reads Error - ecm not supported

what Now???

These are VMP tunes if that is important.
What is the strategy/4digit code you sent in. And if you read the strategy with the X2, what code do you get?

Old 07-23-2008, 07:33 PM
Suspended
go to sct's website. there should be a program you need to install for 2007 f150's. i had this problem with mine. once you download the program it will work on your truck. i believe it is the firmware that needs to be updated.
http://sctflash.com/getupdates.php

i believe thats the link double check tho first.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:04 PM
I've emailed vmp, so hopefully they will help me get this straightened out. From what everyone here says He's very good, and am not worried.

However i installed my Intake along with my tuner, and now am stuck with an intake without a tuner, and am hesitant to drive it around that way. I'm sure i'll be fine to take it to work tomorrow but I'll keep the rpms down just to be safe.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:08 PM
iridesuzuki

My 4 digit code on my pcm does not match the strategy code pulled from the xcal at all if that is what you are asking. I did not send the incorrect 4 letters as far as my sticker says... I am beggining to think that the pcm was fingerlabeled incorrectly at the plant. plants are notorious for having EXTRA finger labels laying around... what a bummer.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:22 PM
iridesuzuki

My 4 digit code on my pcm does not match the strategy code pulled from the xcal at all if that is what you are asking. I did not send the incorrect 4 letters as far as my sticker says... I am beggining to think that the pcm was fingerlabeled incorrectly at the plant. plants are notorious for having EXTRA finger labels laying around... what a bummer.
This is your problem then. Most likley what happen is Ford updated the ECM at some point check under the hood for a sticker that says this and should contain that info. You will need to give VMP the strategy code and he will have to then send you all new tunes.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:43 PM
Technical Article Contributor

When i sent in my sheets to Troyer, the 4 digit code i sent was wrong because the dealer had reflashed it at some point and never told me. But luckily he runs the VIN to see if thats been done or not, so i never had a problem with it.

Trending Topics

Old 07-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Bill at PHP asks for the VIN too, and asks if you know if the PCM has been reflashed. I'm sure he doesn't ask for this information if he doesn't use it. I suspect Justin can straighten all this out if you just give him a chance! Sounds like a fairly "normal" kind of problem (but irritating too).

- Jack

Old 07-23-2008, 10:38 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
Bill at PHP asks for the VIN too, and asks if you know if the PCM has been reflashed. I'm sure he doesn't ask for this information if he doesn't use it. I suspect Justin can straighten all this out if you just give him a chance! Sounds like a fairly "normal" kind of problem (but irritating too).

- Jack
It's not the tuner's fault if the PCM code was the wrong one. The vin number isn't going to help you out unless you've got Oasis and can search Ford's service records ... The only thing the VIN will do is verify motor, transmission, etc. Like, everyone said, the dealer reflashed it and you didn't know. So just pull the correct code, email that to Justin, and he'll fix it.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
When i sent in my sheets to Troyer, the 4 digit code i sent was wrong because the dealer had reflashed it at some point and never told me. But luckily he runs the VIN to see if thats been done or not, so i never had a problem with it.
We had a customer a couple of days ago who'd bought a truck that had already been reprogrammed. Imagine his (and our!) surprise when our custom tunes didn't work. Bill had to write a new program to take the guy back to stock before he could install the custom tunes.

Stuff like this happens. I've heard so many good things about Justin; I'm sure he'll get it straightened out!

Old 07-24-2008, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150

He has access to Ford's OASIS system or something like that?

Old 07-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Just got give everyone an update: The tuner did indeed just needed to be updated from the sct website to match my 07... for whatever reason that is.

Not sure if ALL 07's need this or not. But I had no idea seeing as i've never used tuners before.

Truck runs GREAT now though. Very pleased with VMP's work.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:30 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by svt2205
He has access to Ford's OASIS system or something like that?
I'd hope that's not the case, a few people could be in a lot of trouble.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:03 PM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Just got give everyone an update: The tuner did indeed just needed to be updated from the sct website to match my 07... for whatever reason that is.

Not sure if ALL 07's need this or not. But I had no idea seeing as i've never used tuners before.

Truck runs GREAT now though. Very pleased with VMP's work.

hmmm......strange.......

I didn't have that issue. But then again, I have the SCT X3 Power Flash from Mike Troyer. Perhaps the X3, being the most current model on the market, already has software loaded for late model vehicles. Or Troyer Performance, knowing that the hand held devices need a software update to work with late model vehicles, simply updates the units prior to shipping them out.

Quick Reply: Help! ECM NOT SUPPORTED VMP