Gryphon Custom Tunes & Custom Options

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gryphon Custom Tunes & Custom Options

I received my Gryphon a couple of weeks ago. I have been running a 87 perfomance tune and just switched over to the 91 performance tune, boy do they really make this a fun truck to drive I was wondering about the custom options part of the Gryphon though? Do you guys adjust any of those or do you just fly with what Bill gives you in the custom tune? I know things like gear ratio & tire size are asked about on PHP's order sheet and are probably already in the custom tune but what about things like Rev. Limiter, Shift Firmness, WOT Shifting, Timing Adj., and WOT Fuel. Do you guys change any of these? I would also like to add that if anyone is on the fence about getting one of these programmers everything you read on this forum about PHP being friendly, having outstanding customer service, and great tunes, is completely correct!

Steve

Old 07-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
You can "play" with any of those settings, but I'd be a bit cautious. Bill has set up what he thinks is best for you and unless you know what you're doing....

That said though, if you want to experiment a bit with things like shift firmness or shift points, give it a whirl. I'd do it in small increments though, and probably do them "one at a time" rather than a "bunch at once". Things like WOT fuel and timing, I'd leave alone.

Bluejay might have some better advice. He's had custom tunes since before most of the people on this forum were born!

- Jack

Old 07-26-2008, 03:06 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
You can "play" with any of those settings, but I'd be a bit cautious. Bill has set up what he thinks is best for you and unless you know what you're doing....

That said though, if you want to experiment a bit with things like shift firmness or shift points, give it a whirl. I'd do it in small increments though, and probably do them "one at a time" rather than a "bunch at once". Things like WOT fuel and timing, I'd leave alone.

Bluejay might have some better advice. He's had custom tunes since before most of the people on this forum were born!

- Jack
Everyone except you, Jack!

Personally, I would not mess with anything except make sure he entered the correct gears and always enter your tire size. I would never mess with the timing except if maybe I had filled up with 93 and Bill had programmed it for 91, then I would bump it up. You can add pressure to the shifting if it is not firm enough for you, but before I did that, I think I would talk to Bill and ask if he could adjust it. I run his 87 Perf and sometimes the 93 Perf and the only thing I adjust is the tire size. He produced exactly what I wanted, so no need to adjust.

Old 07-26-2008, 03:58 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
Everyone except you, Jack!
You misunderstood, youngster! I said you've had your custom tunes longer! (Damned youngun's never pay attention! Why, back in my day.... )

I think you gave him good advice though, so I guess there's still hope!

- Jack

Old 07-28-2008, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys. I was just wanting to get all I can from these great tunes Bill has provided. I'll check and make sure the gearing and tire size are correct, I'm sure they are.

Steve

Quick Reply: Gryphon Custom Tunes & Custom Options