putting edge back in after service?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
putting edge back in after service?

Set my edge back to stock and removed from truck night before last. Had truck serviced and thinking about putting it back in. Do I need to turn on the truck and then connect the plug like the first start up or is it ok to just plug it in and turn on key since it has already been set up?

Anyone sold one on ebay with luck? The ones I saw on there were mostly set up with buy it know option only.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Yes, you need to go back through the exact procedure as if you never had it on the truck. Why sell it? Call Bill at PHP and trade it for the Gryphon and custom tunes. Had mine over two years and if it quits, I will buy another.

Old 08-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Thanks. The taking it in and out sucks. I put a lot of miles on my truck like 30,000 in 12 months and let my dealer change the oil. The reason the dealer does mine is it is under $40 for a oil change and tire rotation. I have tried to change my oil in the past and always forget to go dump the old oil and the mess of having to deal with it. The second part is rotation is a pain with one jack! I also admit to being very very lazy!!!

I just bought it a week ago and had to take it out in 7 days already for service. The product is good, just thinking about not putting it back in. All I was realy after was the tire calibration to see if it would help my mpg calculations. It did, but not so much that I got to have it. I did see noticeable difference on 2 with 87, I just dont use the pedal much these days with gas prices.

Old 08-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
I enjoy the shifting improvement and I am addicted to the guages. I leave mine in when I go to the dealer. I don't return it to stock for just an oil change. Only return to stock for any maintenance that might mean they touch the PCM.

I also believe the firmer shifts will make the tranny last longer. That built in slippage is hard on it.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
Yes, you need to go back through the exact procedure as if you never had it on the truck. Why sell it? Call Bill at PHP and trade it for the Gryphon and custom tunes. Had mine over two years and if it quits, I will buy another.
Not to hijack the thread, but, how much would it cost if I did send my edge to bill for the gryphon upgrade?

Old 08-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Former Sponsor
Drop me an e-mail, and I'll tell you all about it.

corey@phptune.com

Old 08-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick
Drop me an e-mail, and I'll tell you all about it.

corey@phptune.com
Thanks for Hijacking!

Quick Reply: putting edge back in after service?