Dumped my Edge

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 12:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dumped my Edge

I had enough of my Edge Evolution. That thing was great until I recently got new plugs put in my truck then the tunes never worked right after that. So I finally got rid of it locally for $300 bucks.

Back to stock for me. I know I know silly huh. Well I just couldn't handle the transmission shudder and the overall feel of it. So I will deal with stock until I can afford something else to put in its place.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:43 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
What in the world would new plugs have to do with the tune?

Old 08-10-2008, 01:53 AM
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
What in the world would new plugs have to do with the tune?
I have no friggin clue. I don't know if the updates caused it to run like crap or what but I was tired of chasing down ghosts with this truck if you know what I mean.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:57 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Turd Furguson
I have no friggin clue. I don't know if the updates caused it to run like crap or what but I was tired of chasing down ghosts with this truck if you know what I mean.
I would go with the updates. That is one reason that I never updated my Edge in nearly two years. Not until I got the custom tunes. When I had my plugs changed at 65,000 miles, I could tell no difference. The only thing that it could be would be they maybe messed up a COP of a boot, but then you would have that on the stock tune as well.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:10 AM
Well leave it to Edge to crap on me. B/c the truck ran great until I went to grab the update to get rid of the tranny shudder. Now it sucks. But it is offloaded on someone else now. Hopefully they won't want their money back in a few days.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had some of that "Tranny Jerk" too.... Until I fould out that the Default Gear Ratio is 3.73. I have a 3.55 rearend. Once I programmed in the corrected Gear ratio and then Tune settings to Tow and corrected my tiresize... and set my top speed to 110. It ran great... and it got rid of the Transmission Jerk. Got my 0-60 ET to 7.36 sec with Level 2 tune. Can't wait to try Level 3 Tune (Performance) to see what my 0-60 ET will be. Also found out from Edge Tech Support....that they do not support Cold Air Intake just yet; I removed my Volant CAI with Ram Air Tube. I also successfully uploaded the latest Fusion Software.... Did not have any problem doing that... I also found out that when you customize your settings... use performance settings as they are... Messing with them will really get you in trouble.... Unless you have a Dyno and have lotsa experience with it... go at it. When you go into customized settings...if you do not remeber what you had set to in the past.... scroll all the way down the menu.. there is a selection to reload your current settings.... just in case you haven't kept good notes on what you've experimented with before.

I now have a Quiet, Smooth Running, Bat out of Hell Sleeper, But wait till I get the CAI Updates from Edge. I will keep after them for the Updates.

Last edited by billmtx; 08-13-2008 at 04:31 PM. Reason: corrections
Old 08-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would of just traded it in on a Gryphon ... Now since you don't have anything, put that $300 towards the purchase of an Xcal2 or Xcal3 from VMP Tuning !!

Quick Reply: Dumped my Edge