Edge Evolution II Experiences and Recommedations

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Edge Evolution II Experiences and Recommedations

I have had my Edge Evolution installed for a Months. I made few discoveries in the Process. I firsted moded my 2006 F150 5.4L XLT with a Volant Cold Air Intake w/ Ram Tube. Then added my Edge nest.... and finally I succumbed to Volant Advertising and Install the Volant Exhaust System. I thought my setup was HOT....but opted to program the PCM to Level 1 only to correct my Tire Size (Yokohama GeoLander 255/65-17) to save this precious fluid called Gasoline. I monitored my Av MPG with the Edge... couldn't manage to get it any higher than 16.5 MPG. I expected it to get better....but didn't.

I read in one of the many Threads on this forum that CAI are not supported by Edge. I fould out that Edge is still working on that... So I replaced my Intake back to Stock.

I also discovered that when programming the settings that you have to set your gear ratio... the default is 3.73 my truck is 3.55... boy what a difference that made.... getting better gas Mileage and great 0-60 et's

I can't wait to find out what my ETs will be with Level 3 settings

BTW... setting the Gear Ratio... got rid of my shifting jerkiness.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:25 PM
MAN! I'm glad you said something about that Axle ratio! I never thought twice about it, I've got the 3.55 also, been running it on default also! As ECSTATIC as I've been with my Edge I can't wait to see how that will help things out! It's taking everything I have to restrain myself from leaving work right now!

Old 08-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Yep, even if you get custom tunes, always verify the gears and the tires!

Old 08-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Hear that? It's the sound of my head banging on my desk.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Global Moderator &

When Bill did my custom tunes, the only thing he missed is changing the gear ratio in one of them. It comes up as 3.73 and I have the 3.55. He got it changed in the other. It's no proble, I always check anyway. Just my nature to do so.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
When Bill did my custom tunes, the only thing he missed is changing the gear ratio in one of them. It comes up as 3.73 and I have the 3.55. He got it changed in the other. It's no proble, I always check anyway. Just my nature to do so.
So I thought 3.55 was default, I have never entered the custom settings. So is my truck with the Edge thinking it has 3.73s.

The only way to check this is program back to stock, then go to custom and check???

Old 08-14-2008, 04:57 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by beckerjs
So I thought 3.55 was default, I have never entered the custom settings. So is my truck with the Edge thinking it has 3.73s.

The only way to check this is program back to stock, then go to custom and check???
no, you can check it by going in as if you are going to load a new program. You select "power programming" and then choose the level you are on. Then there is an option that says something like "save settings". I forget the exact words. you choose that and it saves all your settings as they are, so you don't have to redo all of them. you then go to the one for "gears" and see what it displays. If it is not what your truck has, change it. This is all from memory, so hope it's clear.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:00 PM
no, you can check it by going in as if you are going to load a new program. You select "power programming" and then choose the level you are on. Then there is an option that says something like "save settings". I forget the exact words. you choose that and it saves all your settings as they are, so you don't have to redo all of them. you then go to the one for "gears" and see what it displays. If it is not what your truck has, change it. This is all from memory, so hope it's clear.
back in a minute, how did you answer my question and be offline at the same time, sneeky mod's

Old 08-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Global Moderator &

Yep, we're sneaky!

Be sure to select done as your final step!

Old 08-14-2008, 05:19 PM
Yep, we're sneaky!

Be sure to select done as your final step!
Didn't see the save settings, went back to stock, then custom lv 2, changed speed limiter and checked gear ratio, it said 3.55, then done. Thanks for the help, and spelling on sneaky

Opps!

Last edited by Bluejay; 08-14-2008 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Did not mean to edit!
Old 08-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Global Moderator &

As I recall, it is the last option you can choose. It doesn't say "save settings" but that is it's meaning

Old 08-14-2008, 05:26 PM
quit playing with my post, you now have too much power

Old 08-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Suspended
Trade it in on a Gryphon from PHP and you can put your intake back on ... It'll be like a whole new truck, again.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:30 PM
Global Moderator &

You just might be correct! I got sloppy with the buttons.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts
Old age and treachery wins out over youth and beauty everytime, eh Bluejay? Actually the menu option Jim was referring to is called "Load Previous Settings", I think. Simply do that before you start making any changes, then, when you select "Done", your new settings become your "Previous Settings".

- Jack

Quick Reply: Edge Evolution II Experiences and Recommedations