Canned Tunes Vs Emailed Custom Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 02:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here are a few more scenarios:

I changed the "weeks" to 6.5. That's more or less the difference between 10 days and 8 weeks. I don't know if it's 10 working days or actual days, so I went with actual days. I also assumed that if you were driving more miles in a week, that you would be driving more of those on the highway. Hence, the better miles per gallon in the later scenarios.

Personally, I got 18.5 to 20 MPG on the highway, before any tunes. I have the X3 canned tune now but haven't had the chance to get out on the highway.

Granted, I can't speak from experience yet... but to answer the original question:
If you're spending the money on the X3, it seems like the small price of a custom tune has got to be worth it.

Last edited by txag08; 09-01-2008 at 02:32 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
VMP only takes ~10 days so there is a minimal wait.
I already owned the Edge, so I went to PHP and upgraded to the Gyrphen. I had to upgrade to the newer version of the Edge, mine was made in 12/05 and wasn't able to be upgraded, and I ordered 3 custom tunes for it as well. Bill took care of it all with one phone call. He said that it would take about 6-8 weeks for it all, so I knew what I was getting in to. All I was saying is that I can't wait to get the tunes.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by i.ride.suzuki
If someones goal was economy, I wonder is there is a graph for displaying wait times and how much money you could of saved if you got your tunes sooner compared to other companies.
It would have cost me more to have to buy a XCAL 2 or 3 and the custom tunes for it then it was to upgrade what I already had and wait a few weeks.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:47 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PhqChevys
I already owned the Edge, so I went to PHP and upgraded to the Gyrphen. I had to upgrade to the newer version of the Edge, mine was made in 12/05 and wasn't able to be upgraded, and I ordered 3 custom tunes for it as well. Bill took care of it all with one phone call. He said that it would take about 6-8 weeks for it all, so I knew what I was getting in to. All I was saying is that I can't wait to get the tunes.
I understand but that's not always the case.

Quick Reply: Canned Tunes Vs Emailed Custom Tunes