Edge Evolution for MPG

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge Evolution for MPG

Hello forum,

I just purchased and installed new edge hoping to get better gas milage only. I'm not concerned about HP nor do I tow. The questions is what setting do I need for more MPG. For some reason I thought there was a Increased MPG setting but there isn't.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by joewood
Hello forum,

I just purchased and installed new edge hoping to get better gas milage only. I'm not concerned about HP nor do I tow. The questions is what setting do I need for more MPG. For some reason I thought there was a Increased MPG setting but there isn't.
There isn't. You could use Level 1 and adjust your normal shift and torque converter lock/unlock points downwards. That should improve your mileage some.

You should have called Bill Cohron at PHP and gotten a Gryphon. He could have written a custom tune for you that would give you better mileage. It's not too late, of course. You can trade in your Edge for a Gryphon and get the one tune for a fairly low cost. Go to www.phptune.com for details.

- Jack

Old 09-05-2008, 02:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I get slightly better MPG's with both he towing and even better yet with the Performance program on the Edge.

Personally, I prefer the shifting and torque in the tow program to get me going. (Not to mention the cheaper gas)

However, if you run the performance tune your truck will pickup better throughout the entire RPM Range. (and get slightly better MPG's than the towing program) Make sure to run at least 91 octane in this setting.

I only see about .750 mpg improvement in the performance program. I do drive more spirited with the Edge and I think that any improvement in mpg's is good considering I get going quicker.

Last edited by Maniac01; 09-05-2008 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Left out stuff.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:07 PM
I loved my Edge but decided to upgrade to custom tuning with the Gryphon. Just awaiting the arrival of my custom tunes. Still loving the canned tunes. I have noticed my best mileage with the performance tune.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:59 PM
I noticed a nice increase in mileage on the level 2 canned tunes. I am now running a Gryphon and custom tunes though

Old 09-06-2008, 03:56 AM
How long did it take you guys to get the custom tunes in? how do i ship my edge to him.. just in a box. And my last question is how much is the total cost to trade it in?

Old 09-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts
Go to www.phptune.com In the Products link, near the bottom of the page, click on "Upgrade your Edge to a Gryphon. This will give you the information you need.

I did this, and yes, I shipped my Edge in a box, insured, and with package tracking (so I could tell when it arrived). PHP shipped my Gryphon right back.

Please note though that they will be unable to receive your Edge for the next few days due to being out of town.They have a "calender" page that shows when they'll be back.

- Jack

Quick Reply: Edge Evolution for MPG