Gains w/ vmp

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 10:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gains w/ vmp

Guys iam going to purchase vmp performance tunes prob in the 3-6mos , right after i get my body lift put on so my truck wont seem lilke it lacks performance after its on. Can you tell me waht kind of gains, like mpg, hp, tq.....for the 5.4l

thanks!

Old 09-24-2008, 10:17 AM
Suspended
~25 rwhp.

Gas mileage is dependent on each and every truck, how you drive it, and what tunes you pick.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:22 PM
Get the Gryphon.There customer service is great. Call Bill and talk to him about what it can do for you.

Last edited by Silver FX4; 09-25-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:04 PM
silver, seriously, as much as i like the gryphon, i get kinda irritated when people post stuff with nothing to back it up. at least thump has the curtesy to say why he prefers the x-cal. i have a lot of respect for him because he takes the time to explain stuff or answer questions, showing his knowledge instead of blindly shoving his opinion in someone's face. if you are willing to explain your position, then i will give you more respect. until then, i am asking you to stop posting because its getting on my nerves and im sure many others feel the same way. also, you are giving the gryphon a bad name by making these childish posts.

sorry about the flame and the hi-jack. if you wanna talk to me, silver, pm me so we dont have to take up more of this thread.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
~25 rwhp.

Gas mileage is dependent on each and every truck, how you drive it, and what tunes you pick.
x2.

If you don't change your driving style, and assuming it wasn't aggressive before, then according to VMP typical gains with a gas mileage tune is 1-2MPG with some cases being 3-4MPG.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:27 PM
I am posting my advice. People ask and I suggest. What can I say the gryphon is great and so are the people that work there.I have nothing to say but feel you do. If you dont like what I have to say dont read it sharp.

Last edited by Silver FX4; 09-25-2008 at 09:34 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:45 AM
Originally Posted by Arca_ex
x2.

If you don't change your driving style, and assuming it wasn't aggressive before, then according to VMP typical gains with a gas mileage tune is 1-2MPG with some cases being 3-4MPG.
X3

Trending Topics

Old 09-26-2008, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by Arca_ex
x2.

DO YOU THINK I WILL GET THOSE MPG WITH THE BODY LIFT? MY DRIVING HABITS AREN'T BAD, UNLESS A CHEVY PULLS UP NEXT TO ME AND WANTS SOME THEN ITS BAD. THE OTHER DAY I WAS CLEANING MY TRUCK AND A GUY IN THE NEW Z71 CHEVY STOPS IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE AND SAYS " THATS THE ONLY THING YOU CAN DO TO MAKE IT LOOK GOOD"! I TOLD HIM WHENEVER HE WAS FEELING FROGGY TO STOP BY AND WE CAN RUN'EM. IVE ALREADY SMOKED A COUPLE OF CHEVYS LIKE THAT, AND I WOULDNT MIND ADDING ANOTHER TO THE LIST.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by Green_Machine
DO YOU THINK I WILL GET THOSE MPG WITH THE BODY LIFT? MY DRIVING HABITS AREN'T BAD, UNLESS A CHEVY PULLS UP NEXT TO ME AND WANTS SOME THEN ITS BAD. THE OTHER DAY I WAS CLEANING MY TRUCK AND A GUY IN THE NEW Z71 CHEVY STOPS IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE AND SAYS " THATS THE ONLY THING YOU CAN DO TO MAKE IT LOOK GOOD"! I TOLD HIM WHENEVER HE WAS FEELING FROGGY TO STOP BY AND WE CAN RUN'EM. IVE ALREADY SMOKED A COUPLE OF CHEVYS LIKE THAT, AND I WOULDNT MIND ADDING ANOTHER TO THE LIST.
HOLY ******* BATMAN. WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME.

CONTRARY TO THIS PICTURE, YOU MY FRIEND, ARE NOT UNLEASHING ANY AMOUNT OF FURY RIGHT NOW. SRSLY.

7/16 OF AN INCH. NOT THAT HARD.

But going back to your original question, a body lift shouldn't do much. It's rotational mass that kills you, e.g. heavy rims and big tires.

Quick Reply: Gains w/ vmp