Edge EVOLUTION Programmer

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 12:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge EVOLUTION Programmer

The Edge EVOLUTION Programmer comes with a dash mount so i've a few question to those who have one.
1. What is the fittment like on the dash,good/bad?
2. Is the programmer secure in the dash mount,can it be stolen easy?
3. I've a 08 5.4L will i see a increase in mpg? i,m getting 19mpg at the momment,i carry loads and tow.Whats the Average saving?
4. Is it worth the money?

Thanks for any help and replys.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:01 PM
1. Good to Excellent
2. Yes & Yes
3. Not sure yet, still driving it like a race car since I got my tunes
4. Don't know, swapped mine for a Gryphon w/Custom Tunes.The Gryphon is worth the $$$$

Old 09-25-2008, 01:02 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Don't get the Evo, get the Gryphon with it's custom tunes. They are the same hardware.

It sits securely on the dash, that is no problem.

Sure, it can be stolen pretty easily if they know what it is and just unplug it, leave the cable. If the want the cable, it will take about 5 min longer.

Some get increasded mileage, I did not. I was already getting great mileage and it stayed about the same, just much more responsive and much better shifting. More fun to drive.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:13 PM
im with these guys, im getting ready to send my edge into PHP, would have been cheaper if i had just bought a Gryphon from them.

The dash and programmer install only takes about 2 minutes, and i can have it out of my truck in about 30 seconds, if i wanted to steal one, i can have it out in about 2 seconds. The guage pod fits really good and flows nice, a lot of people that ride in the truck thinks its a stock option.

MPG stayed about the same, my truck is just a little faster and shifts better.

Old 09-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Suspended
Custom tunes or nothing ...

Old 09-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Edge Programmer

I agree with other posts .. get the Gryphon from Power Hungry Performance if your considering the Edge. My mileage has not really increased but the performance has and I'm still running the canned tunes - it probably would increase a bit if I wasn't such a lead foot. Only problem I've had is with the hardware failing twice but Corey and Bill have been really great with making sure another one gets shipped out quickly - still not sure why its happening as it does not seem to be a common problem.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:26 PM
Fit & Finish Gryphon Programmer

Can't say the Edge programmer fit is like (assume its the same) but the Gryphon fit is very good and the colour matches the 2007 FX4 pretty close - looks stock

Trending Topics

Old 09-25-2008, 10:22 PM
I love my Gryphon. Just waiting for the custom tunes to show up. The fit is the same as the Edge (uses same hardware). I have seen a 2 MPG increase, that is of course when I can keep my foot out of it. I love the way it drives. Hope those custom tunes make it even better. I would order a Gryphon from the get go if I had to do it all over again.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:21 PM
I guess I'm leanin towards the Gyphon now.. so the Gyphon is better than the Edge??

Old 12-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by DeWayne24
I guess I'm leanin towards the Gyphon now.. so the Gyphon is better than the Edge??
All of us who have had both will shout "YES"!

Bill Cohron at www.PHPTune.com used to work for Edge, was responsible for much of its development and is now in business for himself custom tuning the Edge (which has to be rebranded "Gryphon") for your needs.

Bill and Corey at PHP are the best folks you'd ever want to work with. Don't even consider an Edge - just call Bill at PHP and ask him about a Gryphon. Don't worry - he WILL NOT try to sell you anything! If he doesn't have something that will help you, he'll tell you.

I upgraded my Edge to a Gryphon when Bill started his business and haven't looked back! The Gryphon is the best thing I've put in my truck.

- Jack

Quick Reply: Edge EVOLUTION Programmer