edge question

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edge question

ok I am new to all this chip/programing stuff. I have a 2007 fx4 5.4 supercab. I was looking in to getting an edge programer. The only thing I have done to the truck is add a k&n air filter. I was wondering if I didn't want the tuner any more ho hard would it be to change back to the factory settings? At a later date I was considering a cai kit when I do that i know I will have to go with custom tunes. Im just looking for a little more pep and better shifting, would the edge programer help me?

Old 09-29-2008, 12:46 PM
The edge evo will do exactly what you are looking for. More pep and stronger shifts. And yes you can return your program back to stock whenever you want too. Your factory program is stored in the edge evo and is ready to be restored at anytime through a few selections in the menu. In fact, you must return to stock if you plan on selling the edge evo to another F150 owner or it wont work.

The edge can accept custom tunes also. Its the same unit that Power Hungry Performance uses but they call it the Gryphon http://dygytalworld.ehost-services139.com/php/

Old 09-30-2008, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by Oxlander
The edge can accept custom tunes also. Its the same unit that Power Hungry Performance uses but they call it the Gryphon
ox is right. the edge can be custom tuned, but you need to send in the unit to php, and it costs like $25 to upgrade, plus $50 for each custom tune. if you got the gryphon instead of the edge, then you can run the edge canned tunes until you get the CAI, then get three custom tunes for it. a new edge costs about $400, but the gryphon is $495 regularly but right now its on sale(through oct 6) for $469 with free shipping. it comes with three custom tunes. this way, if you ever did decide you wanna get custom tunes, its a lot cheaper.

but yeah, the edge will do what you want.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:17 AM
Suspended
Custom tuning or nothing.

Quick Reply: edge question