How come nobody has these?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How come nobody has these?

Just curious, but why is it I see everyone with Edge's, Hypertech's, Superchips, etc. but I've yet to see mention of a tune from Lidio from AA, or a JLT tune with his intake (which I plan to get next week.) These tunes are dyno proven with countless hours of them being actually on the dyno. My Dad has Lidio's tune in his truck and it's absolutely nuts. He's had it for about 1.5 years and he'll never go back to stock. It doesn't even feel like it's DBW anymore. Has no one heard of these or something? And actually, when I get my JLT tune, I plan to get it "fine tuned" from my tuner and see how much more he can squeeze out of it.

Last edited by vicmaster; 10-02-2008 at 11:14 AM.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Never heard.....what exactly did it change/make better on you dad's truck?

Old 10-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Here's some background on Lidio....
http://www.alternativeauto.com/
What sets his tunes apart from others, he takes into little things that most tuners overlook and perfect them. His tunes are always spot on, A/F ratios are perfect. My Dad likes it becaue of the shift points mainly, and not to mention his tires go up in a blaze if he mashes the throttle, even on a roll they spin. But, I can tell you, his friends have the same trucks with the same motor, one has an Edge, another has a Superchips, and he has this, and I call tell you from experience he leaves all of them in the dust, no chance what so ever. http://www.alternativeauto.com/prodserv/f150_tune.html
And actually, I don't think it's been a big seller because he never really advertised it. That phone # on the bottom of that page is his old shop. The only reason I'm not getting his tune, is I'm getting a JLT tune and Lidio doesn't care for JLT setups for some reason. Anyway, this is the JLT. http://jlttruecoldair.com/zencart/in...products_id=95
It's a good deal since you're getting the tuner for about 350 bucks, and if you want just the intake, it's the cheapest on the market at only $185 for it, but it requires a tune.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by vicmaster
Here's some background on Lidio....
http://www.alternativeauto.com/
What sets his tunes apart from others, he takes into little things that most tuners overlook and perfect them. His tunes are always spot on, A/F ratios are perfect. My Dad likes it becaue of the shift points mainly, and not to mention his tires go up in a blaze if he mashes the throttle, even on a roll they spin. But, I can tell you, his friends have the same trucks with the same motor, one has an Edge, another has a Superchips, and he has this, and I call tell you from experience he leaves all of them in the dust, no chance what so ever.
You cannot compare a custom tune from any vendor to the canned tunes in the Edge and Superchip products. The real test would be Lidio vs. VMP or Troyer who also have hours on the dynos to perfect their tunes.
When Justin and Mike tune on a dyno they are spot on as well. After all that is the point of a dyno tune.

A mail order tune is only going to be close but in Justin and Mike's defense they get it pretty damn near spot on even without benefit of putting the truck on a dyno. This is because of their years of experience and countless hours on the dynos.

Last edited by Norm; 10-02-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Suspended
No thanks ... We'll all stick to our VMP, PHP, and TP.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113

Old 10-02-2008, 02:45 PM
That's fine fellas, to each their own. But I'll stick to a guy who's been tuning since the early '90's and has countless YEARS of experience.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:46 PM
No need to be an *** about it, I was just simply asking why no one has had them.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:48 PM
That's fine fellas, to each their own. But I'll stick to a guy who's been tuning since the early '90's and has countless YEARS of experience........
......tuning Mustangs.
Troyer has him beat when it comes to countless years of experience tuning F150s.

Last edited by Norm; 10-02-2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:04 PM
whats wrong with predator..geeze
its never done me wrong

Old 10-02-2008, 04:26 PM

X3

Old 10-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by boss1984
whats wrong with predator..geeze
its never done me wrong
...or right.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Suspended
No need to be an *** about it, I was just simply asking why no one has had them.
I'm not being an ***. It was just a pointless thread, IMO. No need for name calling, ***.

Justin, Mike, and Bill all have COUNTLESS years of tuning experience as well. Do some research. Justin actually worked for SCT for a while before opening his own place up.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm not being an ***. It was just a pointless thread, IMO. No need for name calling, ***.

Justin, Mike, and Bill all have COUNTLESS years of tuning experience as well. Do some research. Justin actually worked for SCT for a while before opening his own place up.
And back in the day (insert competitive tuners name here) was writing (insert other competitor) tunes that most of you guys think is gods gift to tuning F150's.

Secrets in the tuning world.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:52 PM
this is the JLT. http://jlttruecoldair.com/zencart/in...products_id=95
It's a good deal since you're getting the tuner for about 350 bucks, and if you want just the intake, it's the cheapest on the market at only $185 for it, but it requires a tune.
Had it. Compared to my AF1 with TP or VMP tunes it sucks. Pretty much like shopping at Wal-Mart.