Would i need to Retune after headers, exhaust etc..

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 01:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would i need to Retune after headers, exhaust etc..

So was wonder if i would buy a tuner and probley will in the next couple of months would i need to retune after long headers and a exhaust becuase i will want to install them also in the future.

So if i get a custom tune will i have to get a new custom tune after the above is installed?

Old 10-07-2008, 03:28 AM
I asked the same question when i ordered my tunes a couple weeks ago.

Hi, this is going out today, if you install LTs and get a CE light you will need a new tune. I am not sure what it is for.

Thanks,

Justin Starkey
VMP Tuning Inc
Owner/Tuner
Ford and GM Custom Tuning
Mobile DynoJet 224xLC
www.VMPTuning.com
so maybe, maybe not. if you know the LT are going on within 6 months only order one tune and get the other two after you install the headers.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Long tube headers into a x-pipe and true dual exhaust will tend to lean out your A/F ratio. I installed LT's,x-pipe and true duals and ran a k&n drop in filter and it ran fine then i got my tuner and a AF1 intake. So if you are going the full exhaust route I would do that first then get the tuner...my .02

Old 10-07-2008, 11:19 PM
if you are gonna get the headers within 6 mos, wont most tuners re-tune for free if its within the 6 mos? kinda like a warranty.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:03 PM
When I got my headers troyer said that I need a tune. Have the maggie exhaust and AF1 intake. I have been driving it around for almost a week and no CE light but I am trying to keep it blow 2k rpm just in case. I remember reading that the 04 and newer dont need retuned but I could be wrong. You are flowing alot more air threw the motor so I would think that something might need to be adjusted. I guess it al

Quick Reply: Would i need to Retune after headers, exhaust etc..