Another Pleased Troyer Consumer!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 12:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Pleased Troyer Consumer!!

I started off adding a d1sc intercooled procharger kit onto my 01 5.4L F 150, Afer pullying it to achieve approx 9 psi of boost, I started hearing audible detonation at max boost/rpm. I took the plunge and ditched the FMU, and added, 90MM lightning maf, 255 lph walboro in tank fuel pump along with 42# injectors, and of coarse "Troyer Tuned X caliber 2" to make it all work. Well after approx 800$ the detonation is gone and it runs like a champ, I also believe that the 90mm maf is responsible for the 1.5 # increase in boost.

Good job Mike Troyer, I'll recomend your tuning to anyone!

PS, even though I should datalog and check the A/F on a dyno, I'm not sure it's going to actually happen since it's running sooo well.

Although I don't have anyone to compare him to, Troyer is an excellent tuner in my book.

Old 10-19-2008, 01:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice to see another person satisfied with their tune from Troyer !

Old 10-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mike does some great supercharger tuning. It is amazing what he can do with a mail order tune on a supercharged truck. I see people that have a problem waiting for a tune, but in my opinion Mike has always been worth the Waite. I would definitely data log the tune no matter how well it is operating. first of all you need the data to see if there are any areas that are rich or lean, and believe me if you think it runs well now Wait until the tune is maximized. One reason that you're tune is as good as it is, is because other people data logged their tune and Mike made changes do to all their input. Enjoy you're tune and please take the time to log it. Data logging is easy once you get into it. Mike has done a lot for my tune through the years, the last update by far is the best!!! This tune is flawless!!

Quick Reply: Another Pleased Troyer Consumer!!