superchips 1815 flashpaq

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 12:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
superchips 1815 flashpaq

I used to have a 2000 F150 and had one of the chips that hooked into the back of the computer under the dash. I traded it in 4 years ago, now I have a 99 F150. I liked my superchip, but the technology has sure changed since the last time I got chipped. I've seen some Superchips 1815 on craigslist lately, and wonder if they are an out of date technology, compared to the latest email custom tunes that many seem to be using now. I just remember I loved how that old chip helped out with better shifting and a little more fun. Should I just save up for a newer, "better" way to get chipped, or will $200 get me back to where I was before?

Old 11-29-2008, 12:55 AM
the 1815 is an upgrade from stock but custom tuning is a little better, especially if you plan on getting an intake and exhaust, the custom tuners can be found cheap aswell, check the classifieds here someone always has one for sale, then ir around $50-60 for a new tune you only need one but if you feel you would benfit from having options of other tunes then you can get 3, also the xcal3 has the "canned tunes" and can have custom tunes installed later, this is offten called the "strategy flash" its just an xcal3 or xcal2 with only canned tunes but custom ones can be added

Old 11-29-2008, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by jump n
I used to have a 2000 F150 and had one of the chips that hooked into the back of the computer under the dash. I traded it in 4 years ago, now I have a 99 F150. I liked my superchip, but the technology has sure changed since the last time I got chipped. I've seen some Superchips 1815 on craigslist lately, and wonder if they are an out of date technology, compared to the latest email custom tunes that many seem to be using now. I just remember I loved how that old chip helped out with better shifting and a little more fun. Should I just save up for a newer, "better" way to get chipped, or will $200 get me back to where I was before?
If you were gonna spend $200, either find a good used Xcal II or III and get a good tunbe for it. Superchips have alot of loyal followers, but SCT makes em look silly when you compare the 2. You will notice a major difference.

Quick Reply: superchips 1815 flashpaq