Edge Shift Firmness

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a question on this shift firmness. I have an evo set on level 2 I did not change any of the custom setings and every time the trans shifts it shifts hard at mid / full throttle... It feals like it shouldnt shift that hard. Maybe its just me I dont know. I have a 08 f150 xlt 5.4 thanks much, Tom:santa:

Old 12-18-2008, 11:28 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by slash36g
I have a question on this shift firmness. I have an evo set on level 2 I did not change any of the custom setings and every time the trans shifts it shifts hard at mid / full throttle... It feals like it shouldnt shift that hard. Maybe its just me I dont know. I have a 08 f150 xlt 5.4 thanks much, Tom:santa:
You can always try reducing the shift firmness - it won't hurt anything to try. Go into the programming menu and after you select Lvl 2 again, choose the custom settings option. When you get to that menu, first "Load Previous Settings", so you get the correct tire sizes an other things you previously had, then go to the "Shift Firmness Option" and maybe try -5 on all the shift points. See what you think. If you don't like the results, adjust up or down accordingly.

- Jack

Old 12-19-2008, 09:45 PM
check your Gear ratio setting

Originally Posted by slash36g
I had this problem too. Many of us made the same mistake. It is often overlooked. What I discovered was that the Gear Ratio default is set to 3.73. If you have the a 3.55 Gear ratio in your Differential reset it to 3.55. (check your spec sticker on the door) I found mine on the Window Sticker Spec Sheet. Made all the difference in the world.

Good Luck

Old 12-19-2008, 10:46 PM
Hey thanks a lot that is what it was!!

Old 12-19-2008, 11:10 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Great post, billmtx!

This has never come up in the things I've read. I'm always talking about the default tire circumference, but I've never even considered the effect of an incorrect gear ratio. (Probably, because mine's the default ratio).

Good on you! (Shows how much you can learn from the "thoughtful" posts in these forums).

- Jack

Quick Reply: Edge Shift Firmness