Edge Evolution?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 10:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge Evolution?

I got a Edge Evo from my wife for Christmas,I love how it looks and shows all the displays.My question is it ok to run it with a K&N FIPK & Flowmaster Exhaust? I've searched and read all the threads about them with great and bad results...I read how the Gryphon custom tunes work awesome with aftermarket mods which I'm planning to do later,just need to know if I could run the canned tunes for now without any problems.I run 91 octane and tow my utility trailer most of the time on the weekends.Your resplys will be much appreciated.

Old 12-26-2008, 11:05 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by BANDAFX4
I got a Edge Evo from my wife for Christmas,I love how it looks and shows all the displays.My question is it ok to run it with a K&N FIPK & Flowmaster Exhaust? I've searched and read all the threads about them with great and bad results...I read how the Gryphon custom tunes work awesome with aftermarket mods which I'm planning to do later,just need to know if I could run the canned tunes for now without any problems.I run 91 octane and tow my utility trailer most of the time on the weekends.Your resplys will be much appreciated.
The intake MAY cause the engine to run lean with the canned tunes on the Edge. I've not heard of problems caused by the exhaust. Since you're planning to upgrade this to a Gryphon sometime, why don't you call Bill Cohron at www.PHPTune.com and ask him for advice? He'll give you the straight goods and won't try to push you into anything you're not ready to do - guaranteed!

If the utility trailer is fairly light, say 2000# or less, you should be able to tow it on any tune you'd care to load, including a 91 octane performance tune.

- Jack

Old 12-26-2008, 11:23 PM
Thanks Jack for the info! Bill said in one of threads that running level 2 could work better with the CAI.I just installed it earlier today and went for a drive and noticed a difference in the tranny just cruising.I'll drive my truck over the weekend on level 2 to see how it performs.

Old 12-26-2008, 11:58 PM
The leaning condition seems to be most dangerous on the 04-05 5.4, IIRC.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by BANDAFX4
Thanks Jack for the info! Bill said in one of threads that running level 2 could work better with the CAI.I just installed it earlier today and went for a drive and noticed a difference in the tranny just cruising.I'll drive my truck over the weekend on level 2 to see how it performs.
Yes, Level Two -- by nature of it being a tow tune -- tends to run richer, so it can compensate a bit for your CAI. Be careful about flooring it, though.

Old 12-27-2008, 03:46 PM
Disregard...I meant to start a new post!

Last edited by Buckeye Rich; 12-27-2008 at 03:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Edge Evolution?