Bully Dog Power Pup Q

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 05:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bully Dog Power Pup Q

Hey guys, My boss drives a 2008 F250 Superduty with the 6.4L Diesel. Okay, well he got a "Power Pup: Ford Power Stroke 6.0L, 6.4L 03-08" Well it worked for a few weeks, but he was having emission problems not really related to the programmer. He wanted the truck to release all of those emissions when the truck is driving down the highway, not when it is idling. So he returned it to stock, took it to ford and they reprogrammed his computer so that it would do it when he travels down the highway.

..Well when he got back home and went to put the tune back on the truck, it wasn't the same "stock" that was on the programmer. Now it wont read his truck and wont let him use any of tunes..

....so question is, does anyone have any experience with these and know how to download a new stock to it, or clear the programmer so that it is new? Or have any other suggestions. Thanks guys

Old 01-19-2009, 06:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It has something to do with stradagy code the truck got reflashed so code changed call bully dog they may be able to fix via email not sure.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:29 PM
Bully Dog will have to unlock the device for the new strategy code.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:43 PM
thanks guys... i was looking on their website. and it says to transfer to new vehicle you have to return back to stock and download an update for that type of programmer. I wonder if they have a update for that code they changed. but I'll tell him he should call Bully Dog

Old 01-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Suspended
Was the truck tuned when he went to the dealer? if thats the case and they flashed over the unit its gonna run him 100.00 to have it fixed. If it wasnt tuned it would be simple as a internet update

Old 01-28-2009, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Shanks12
Hey guys, My boss drives a 2008 F250 Superduty with the 6.4L Diesel. Okay, well he got a "Power Pup: Ford Power Stroke 6.0L, 6.4L 03-08" Well it worked for a few weeks, but he was having emission problems not really related to the programmer. He wanted the truck to release all of those emissions when the truck is driving down the highway, not when it is idling. So he returned it to stock, took it to ford and they reprogrammed his computer so that it would do it when he travels down the highway.

..Well when he got back home and went to put the tune back on the truck, it wasn't the same "stock" that was on the programmer. Now it wont read his truck and wont let him use any of tunes..

....so question is, does anyone have any experience with these and know how to download a new stock to it, or clear the programmer so that it is new? Or have any other suggestions. Thanks guys

Old 01-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Suspended
sorry i must of skipped over that.

So its probably getting Unknown vehicle or unknown part number. It should give you a number like 8u7a- CF or something of that nature
you can power it up and toggle the right arrow key and that number will be there. Let me know that and ill help you get it taken care of

Old 01-29-2009, 11:19 PM
hey thanks man, I'll look into that tomorrow at work and see if i can find that out

Quick Reply: Bully Dog Power Pup Q