Troyer Performance custom tunes...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Troyer Performance custom tunes...

Anyone have any experience with the tunes from Troyer Performance? Compared to Edge or Gryphon?

Old 01-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by jtarms45
Anyone have any experience with the tunes from Troyer Performance? Compared to Edge or Gryphon?
There are a couple of guys that were going to do some testing with all three. There are many on the site that have Troyer tunes and love them. Same with VMP and PHP. The Edge is canned tunes only. Troyer and VMP use the Xcal3 while PHP uses the Gryphon. The Gryphon comes with a monitor(same hardware as teh Edge) and the same canned tunes as the Edge, but also offers custom programming by PHP. You can not go wrong with any of the custom tuners. Just depends on if you want the gauges provided by the monitor.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Former Sponsor
I've only heard good stuff about Troyer's tunes!

Old 01-23-2009, 10:20 PM
I have current VMP tunes, Troyer's are on the way, and so is PHP's. From the few members that have the VMP's and Troyer's most seem to say the differences seem to be in the Torque management of the tunes and their personality (if that makes sense).
I do not have any experience yet with the Gryphon but soon I will have the pleasure. As for if it is better than the edge?? Corey made a great reference to a suit here that should answer your question. http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13...highlight=suit.

IMO that knocks the Edge out of the equation.

^^And is a pretty kick a** explanation.

Last edited by Drkharbinger; 01-23-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:59 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Drkharbinger
I have current VMP tunes, Troyer's are on the way, and so is PHP's. From the few members that have the VMP's and Troyer's most seem to say the differences seem to be in the Torque management of the tunes and their personality (if that makes sense).
I do not have any experience yet with the Gryphon but soon I will have the pleasure. As for if it is better than the edge?? Corey made a great reference to a suit here that should answer your question. http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13...highlight=suit.

IMO that knocks the Edge out of the equation.

^^And is a pretty kick a** explanation.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:12 PM
I have had Troyer tunes for almost 2 years now and have absolutely loved having them. I also have VMP tunes as well and am pretty happy with them as well. I did have to have Justin do some adjusting on the VMP tunes, but they have been great since. Have no experience with the Edge (why mess with canned tunes?) or the Gryphon. Can't wait to hear Drkharbinger's results.

Quick Reply: Troyer Performance custom tunes...