Huge thanks to TP

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Huge thanks to TP

Thanks a ton to the guys at Troyer - really saved my bacon today. Went to the dealer for service, and tried to flash back to stock when the xcal failed, and the truck wouldn't start. Tried to reload tune, wouldn't work. Thought I was screwed! Ten minutes on the phone and I was back to stock and had a running truck. Would have had to pay the dealer to reflash PCM, and then pay for new tunes without them being there. Thanks again!

Old 01-30-2009, 08:34 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts
That's good to hear, mnponds. It reinforces what most of us have been saying about our three favorite tune masters!

- Jack

Old 01-31-2009, 08:53 AM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
So what was the problem, and how was it solved?

Old 01-31-2009, 09:38 AM
Problem was that the xcal2 failed while returning the truck to stock. Probably caused by the temp being a little below freezing. They had me disconnect the negative terminal of the battery while the headlights were on for about 3 minutes, and re install, and everything worked out great.

Old 01-31-2009, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by mnponds
Problem was that the xcal2 failed while returning the truck to stock. Probably caused by the temp being a little below freezing. They had me disconnect the negative terminal of the battery while the headlights were on for about 3 minutes, and re install, and everything worked out great.
That is interesting. Did they say the reason for doing that with the headlights?
Glad they got you taken care of.

Old 01-31-2009, 05:07 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Drkharbinger
That is interesting. Did they say the reason for doing that with the headlights?
Glad they got you taken care of.
Sounds like they wanted ALL power to be drained from the KAM in the PCM. I would have thought they might have had you warm up the engine then and make sure that the XCal was also at room temperature.

- Jack

Quick Reply: Huge thanks to TP