Gryphon order form help

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gryphon order form help

1) PCM (HEX) Code... where do i find that?
2) isn't there an economy tune to choose from (is this the "tranny only" option? all i see are stock, performance, and tow)
3) is there a major difference between the 91 performance and the 87 performance tunes? can you feel the difference??? (i have an '05 4.6L btw)
4) any other tricky stuff on the order form i shouls know about that maybe i have missed?

Thankyou

Old 02-14-2009, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by DOD 4.6
2) isn't there an economy tune to choose from (is this the "tranny only" option? all i see are stock, performance, and tow)
3) is there a major difference between the 91 performance and the 87 performance tunes? can you feel the difference??? (i have an '05 4.6L btw)
4) any other tricky stuff on the order form i shouls know about that maybe i have missed?

Thankyou
1) Pop the hood; back far left corner there is a sticker that has a 4 digit code
2)not sure
3)I have a XCal3 and my 93 performance tune has a lot more than the 87 performance; should be the same with 91 vs. 87(I also have the 4.6)
4)no idea

Old 02-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Thankyou
As Bluejay said in a different thread, wait till you get the Gryphon. You'll see the REAL HEX code when you plug the unit in.

You can tell Bill to write you any kind of tune that you'd like. Want to tow with 93 octane gas? Ask for a tune to do this. Want good fuel economy in daily driving using 87 octane?, Ask for it.

Most people say they CAN tell the difference between 91 and 87 octane tunes. I've never tried the 91 octane tune, so I can't tell you what I think. Personally, I think since these trucks were designed to burn 87 octane, that's what I'm going to use.

Just try to be as specific as possible when you describe what you want your tune to be. I did this in an email that accompanied the form.

- Jack

Old 02-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Former Sponsor
1) PCM (HEX) Code... where do i find that? Don't worry about it yet. When you plug in your Gryphon, it'll be displayed and then you can just e-mail it to us.
2) isn't there an economy tune to choose from (is this the "tranny only" option? all i see are stock, performance, and tow) Bill can write a tune just for economy, but due to the shifting, some customers find the shifting sluggish. Most customers see fuel economy gains with our performance tunes.
3) is there a major difference between the 91 performance and the 87 performance tunes? can you feel the difference??? Above half throttle, you could feel a difference, but not really below
4) any other tricky stuff on the order form i shouls know about that maybe i have missed? Nah. It's not designed to be tricky. Just be sure to be very specific about your needs like Jack said. Also, be sure to check if you want an OBDII port cover or not.
Thankyou
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
As Bluejay said in a different thread, wait till you get the Gryphon. You'll see the REAL HEX code when you plug the unit in.

You can tell Bill to write you any kind of tune that you'd like. Want to tow with 93 octane gas? Ask for a tune to do this. Want good fuel economy in daily driving using 87 octane?, Ask for it.

Most people say they CAN tell the difference between 91 and 87 octane tunes. I've never tried the 91 octane tune, so I can't tell you what I think. Personally, I think since these trucks were designed to burn 87 octane, that's what I'm going to use.

Just try to be as specific as possible when you describe what you want your tune to be. I did this in an email that accompanied the form.

- Jack
Jack, you're awesome.

Quick Reply: Gryphon order form help