Who do i talk to at VMP tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who do i talk to at VMP tuning?

Here's my story. I had custom tunes from Troyer and they worked great. I ended up having some warranty issues with my truck and took it to the dealer. Well, they reflashed my pcm and Troyer wanted to much for me to re calibrate it. So I sold it. So now a year later Im wanting another tuner. I dont want to wait 3 months for tunes and wont do it. Justin at VMP seems like he gets them out quick. Who do I contact and what's their info? I also emailed PHP but havent heard back from them.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by atthelake27
Here's my story. I had custom tunes from Troyer and they worked great. I ended up having some warranty issues with my truck and took it to the dealer. Well, they reflashed my pcm and Troyer wanted to much for me to re calibrate it. So I sold it. So now a year later Im wanting another tuner. I dont want to wait 3 months for tunes and wont do it. Justin at VMP seems like he gets them out quick. Who do I contact and what's their info? I also emailed PHP but havent heard back from them.
Justin@VMPTuning.com. His wait isn't long at all from what I hear!

Sorry if I missed your e-mail. All the PHP e-mail has been coming to me this week (and will thru Wednesday!), and I've been trying to prioritize. :o

Old 02-20-2009, 06:04 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts
The fact that Mrs. PHPTuning (Groovy Chick) was first to give you the contact information for VMP should tell you something about PHP's devotion to us Ford drivers, atthelake. Not to take anything away from Justin at VMP, but you would be hard pressed to find anyone better to do business with than Bill and Corey at PHP. The fact that they're pretty snowed under right now should tell you something too, I guess.

- Jack

Old 02-20-2009, 08:08 PM
Groovy Chick gave you the e-mail, phone number for Justin is 321-206-9369. Although I dont think he is in on Monday's. Not trying to take anything away from PHP (Jackand Janet), they seem to be great contributers to this forum. However I couldn't be more pleased with my tunes from VMP, give Justin a call or shoot him an e-mail. Either way (VMP or PHP) I am sure you will be satisfied.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Thanks groovy chick. Ill let you know that i emailed the corey@php but never got a reply.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by atthelake27
Thanks groovy chick. Ill let you know that i emailed the corey@php but never got a reply.
I can't tell from your post if you know, but Corey IS Groovey Chick.

Old 02-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
I can't tell from your post if you know, but Corey IS Groovey Chick.
LOL, no i didnt know that. Thanks!

Old 02-21-2009, 05:01 PM
Former Sponsor
Ah another one who probably thought Corey was a guy. No worries. In the last week and a half, I've probably received between 50 and 75 e-mails each day. I open e-mails from current customers first, orders second, and unfortunately, generic questions have to come third.

Like I said, I'm sure you'll be thrilled with Justin's tunes! His customers seem to be really pleased.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Wink

Originally Posted by Groovy Chick
Ah another one who probably thought Corey was a guy.
Shenanigans you say

To the OP...VMP has great tunes I am very satisfied with mine...I am also very impressed w/ the customer service and reputation at PHP as well and have ordered a Gryphon and tunes from them too.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:18 PM
No offense to PHP but Justin does do some awesome tuning. I think i got my custom tune in like 3-4 days.... Shoot him an email or just go to their site. I have a tune on my 2000 5.4 and love it

Old 02-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Good luck

Remember, you get what you pay for. Troyer does know his stuff. You should always remember to remove your tune when you return your veh. to any dealer for any work. All tuners that I have owned over the years tell you that. Took mine in for the front end to be checked and low and behold they flashed the thing without telling me. Did not have a tune in it but still you get the point. Not just ever one can tune the newer F-150 and as I have found out that know one gets in a hurry any more. I waited 2 months for my upgrades and it was well worth the wait. I know how your feel, when I want it, I want it now. Good luck.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:00 AM
Thanks for all the info so far. Groovy Chick, I still look forward to hearing back from you also.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So should i use troyer or php to tune a 2001 expo 5.4L with a blower A guy in Reno told me he would dyno tune my truck and i needed to bring him a diablo programer and he would recalabrate the #42FI and 255lph fuel pump along with the 90mm maf all for $500 is he trying to rip me off i would think a dyno tune would include his own program not me bringing one in does any one know what hes talking about???

Old 02-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by nonwoven29
So should i use troyer or php to tune a 2001 expo 5.4L with a blower A guy in Reno told me he would dyno tune my truck and i needed to bring him a diablo programer and he would recalabrate the #42FI and 255lph fuel pump along with the 90mm maf all for $500 is he trying to rip me off i would think a dyno tune would include his own program not me bringing one in does any one know what hes talking about???
I'd stick with Troyer, VMP or PHP if I were you.

- Jack

Old 02-22-2009, 11:31 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by nonwoven29
It may take longer, no, it will take longer, but if it were me with a blower, I would contact Troyer and discuss it. I would see if I could send dyno info and get what I wanted. He has a LOT of experience with supercharged engines. He does all the tuning for one of the blower manufacturers.

Quick Reply: Who do i talk to at VMP tuning?