more?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 10:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
more?

how much more hp will i get out of a custom tune with cai then just factory.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:36 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
since every has the same truck as you and we have all used the same intake as you are inquiring about anyone can answer your question with a good estimate

fill in the blanks so you can get a good educated questimate answer

MAKE

ENGINE

TRANS

GEARS

OCTANE OF FUEL (you plan on having it tuned for)(91-93 octane yields greater results than 87 crap gas)

CURRENT MODS

Old 02-21-2009, 09:13 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by crashogden
how much more hp will i get out of a custom tune with cai then just factory.
Hey crashogden,

If you have the time, check out these two threads. I think they'll answer your question quite well.

Thread #1

Thread #2 (Holy cow, Jack! Do you realize this thread has almost 3,000 hits on our tiny little forum? )

Old 02-21-2009, 09:26 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Your "tiny little forum" is becoming quite popular! That thread is just one of many. People DO seem interested in CAI's, don't they?

- Jack

Old 02-21-2009, 08:07 PM
i have a 2008 f150, 4.6, with banks monster exhaust. 3:55 might need to switch to 4:10 since i put 305/55/20's on it. im gonna get the 93performance tune.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:46 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Crash, the custom tune WILL improve your HP and torque. How much? It's VERY hard to tell. But, I don't think I've read of anyone experiencing LESS HP and torque after getting custom tunes from PHP, VMP or TP.

You put big tires on your truck? It'll feel like a dog. Add in higher gears? Your truck will start to feel peppy again. Can you get back everything you gave up by making these changes? Maybe not. Power and torque are a balancing act. Any change you make will improve one set of numbers, but will probably degrade another set.

A CAI CAN improve your air intake volume at high RPMs, but it can also make you run lean. The exhaust probably does little more than change the sound. The big tires cost you in torque, and probably increase rolling and wind resistance. Higher gears increase your low end torque, but limit your top speed and hurt your gas mileage.

What is it you want?

- Jack