People Please start using the search button !

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a discussion forum.

fo⋅rum
   /ˈfɔrəm, ˈfoʊrəm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [fawr-uhm, fohr-uhm] Show IPA
–noun, plural fo⋅rums, fo⋅ra  /ˈfɔrə, ˈfoʊrə/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [fawr-uh, fohr-uh]
An assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.

Keyword discussion

Old 02-25-2009, 02:55 AM
Originally Posted by i.ride.suzuki
That is BS. Half the **** people say on this forum don't even know what they are talking about.
I agree with this statement. How do you know you are getting good advise?

I have seen so many threads that ask the same basic question: "What tuner is best?" That is such broad question that it can be answered hundreds of different ways. It's like asking what is your favorite ice cream? If people would just read instead of trying to be spoon fed.

Kevin

Old 02-25-2009, 03:05 AM
Just ignore them Kev. Might as well tell people to stop with the "I'm have a problem with the Edge tuner" threads

Old 02-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by SIK-06
God for bid we communicate with each other. every question in the world has been answered on here so no one post anymore ?s. The communication has to stop its driving 1 person nuts!
There is communicating and then there is being just lazy, I never said stop posting or talking thats what forums are all about I run 3 of them but to ask an identical question almost word for word that is two threads down is a waste of peoples time and bandwidth. Communication is about being productive exchanging DIFFERENT ideas and advice not the same ones over and over again.

A couple of you mentioned TV would you become a fan of a show that only aired the same 4 episodes over and over for the year ?

Get real dude !

Old 02-25-2009, 09:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by rjay
As Arnold would say from Kindergarden Cop
"STOP WHINING"
I thought he said "It's not a tumor!"

Old 02-25-2009, 09:25 PM
C'mon dude! this is a forum.. it's made on the net.. it's supose to be like this..
people chatting.. people asking!
if anyone likes to ask the million time same question let him do it!

if u don't like it or if this place wasn't created for that.. shut this place down!

Old 02-25-2009, 09:26 PM
If people only use the search forum to find results, there will never be any new input. Any wrong answers will remain in the threads that people look up. I think most of us take this site as a form of entertainment first. It would be very boring if we would only use it to find answers to questions already asked. I like all the questions and answers. They are the reason I joined.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:14 PM
Can anybody tell me what the best programmer is?

Thanks.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:46 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by last5oh_302

Thanks.
That's BAD!

- Jack

Old 02-26-2009, 01:48 AM
Originally Posted by last5oh_302

Thanks.
Good Times! HAHA!

Really, What is the best programmer?

If a personal thing for you then i would post away in the given area (engine problems, exhaust, suspension, tires, wheels, tunes, etc...) There really is about as many members on this forum worth of answers, and all could be different.

I mean if its something Really Really Really basic and simple then yes use the search feature, better yet instead of using the Quick search, use the advanced one instead you can kinda narrow it down a bit more with it.

Also Technical Articles could be spruced up. I could think of a handful that could be added to that, alot of witch are the questions your speaking of. I mean something like "Bought my first truck, What do i do now?" If i felt like it i could make "10 Steps you should do after you bought your f150". Starts out with the basics, ya know, You should clean, change your oil, check brake fluid, etc clean your maf running ruff etc before you drive it. stuff like that all that infos on hear but its scattered around.

I have my truck my 2nd car. first 150. I came to this board because i dident know ANYTHING, i asked my questions found my answers. and im at this point. I mean when i first bought this car i had no idea, This is the first truck ive Really taken a interest in besides putting some bass in my moms car and driving around in highschool. My truck now rides and runs better then when i drove it home, and even then i thought it was sweet. Ive fixed MY 150 up the way i wanted to because of here and me askin away. Because of this place ive saved a 2002 f150 from being totally wrecked by somebody else, I think i baby this thing now more then my gf (just kidding baby! I love you ) Ive even saved some money in the process This place Its like a school, its teaching you how to Clean, Design, Fix, Customize all in the same place what more could you ask for.

Its gotten to the point that there 2 other f150's down the street from me about 2 block over same era, ive almost stopped by and talked engines with them, still might tho.

Now look at me i got nifty pictures, and numbers and letters in my sig that mean something. If my mom or dad would look at it they would just turn there heads sideways.

You took a guy that wasent of this board and me who do you think would know more about my 2002 and his 2002 same truck different owners?

This thread should be in the Comments & Suggestions

Now for some funnies

Everybody has to start somewhere.

2002 5.4L V8 F150 FX4 XLT with 100k+
K&N 77 Series
265/70/17 BFG Radial Long Trail T/A
Mods: LED Taillights, 64 LED Reverse Lights, Lightning Heads, EzDown, Shorty Antenna, Weathertech Digitalfit, Global COP's
Wishlist: Gryphon, Exhaust, New rubber, New Speakers, Repaint Tailgate

Last edited by shroville; 02-26-2009 at 03:37 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by Bigmoss
A couple of you mentioned TV would you become a fan of a show that only aired the same 4 episodes over and over for the year ?
Get real dude !
i dont know ...i know alot of people that watch those CSI and Law and Order shows and they are all just reruns for the most part

Old 02-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by i.ride.suzuki
That is BS. Half the **** people say on this forum don't even know what they are talking about.
Yeah, no kidding.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:12 PM
Its a friggin newb bash!!! Lol

Old 02-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Usually when i do a search for something, i dont get the results/answers that im looking for. Usually i get one answer from a guy with 2 posts and then the topic goes somewhere else, or someone else post a different question in response to the original posters question, then that question will get answered and discussed leaving the OP out of luck.

I usually have the same problem if i start a thread. If i start a new thread, people dont read the question, and just go off on something else.

Example: I started a thread in the appreance thread on how to paint a used FX2 grill. I asked, how to paint it, what they did to prep it, what type/brand of paint, what color, and what color of black. I also asked if i should have just left it DSG and attached a current pic of my truck so they can make a informed decision.

The replies i got back were "all i see is a STX grille", well obviously, because i put a before picture up so that people can give me my opinions on whether to even paint it or not. I also got "paint it", "black will look good", and quotes like that. Good quotes, but they only answered 1 out of 10 questions that i had.

And yes, i did a search before posting it.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by Bigmoss
There is communicating and then there is being just lazy, I never said stop posting or talking thats what forums are all about I run 3 of them but to ask an identical question almost word for word that is two threads down is a waste of peoples time and bandwidth. Communication is about being productive exchanging DIFFERENT ideas and advice not the same ones over and over again.

Get real dude !
i hear what you saying. But show me a post where a "word for word" question was answered "word for word." if you can do that ill shut up and appologize.

and if the TV show was playin the same episodes over and over i would change the channel like i said.

so maybe the fact that you run 3 forums its no longer "fun" but rather "work" for you.

Quick Reply: People Please start using the search button !