Anyone move from Troyer to VHP tunes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone move from Troyer to VHP tunes?

If you did how did you like it? Was there a noticeable difference in the tune?

Old 02-26-2009, 01:17 PM
I meant VMP tuning. Sorry.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:41 PM
I went from Troyer mail order tunes to VMP dyno tunes so it's not a real far comparions but I do like the VMP better.

There is a guy from Hawaii on here that has had both mail orders. If they were both mail order I don't think you're going to see a huge difference between the two. You would most likely see small differences.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by JeremyGSU
I went from Troyer mail order tunes to VMP dyno tunes so it's not a real far comparions but I do like the VMP better.

There is a guy from Hawaii on here that has had both mail orders. If they were both mail order I don't think you're going to see a huge difference between the two. You would most likely see small differences.
Yeah that's me. I do have both mail order tunes and as Jeremy says I really cannot tell a difference between the two tunes, I'd recommend either of them. I am still trying to get down to a dyno and have both tunes dyno'd to see if there is any difference between though, but have been unable to make it so far.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:48 PM
I have both mail order as well. I strongly prefer, and currently run VMP tunes.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have both mail orders. VMP runs much much better on my truck. And Justin's support is good too. I had two little tweaks I wanted and both times I called he made the change right there and then and e-mailed the changes to me in 5 minutes. Truck is very snappy off the line.

Mike's don't work very well on my truck. I told this to Mike and he told me it was in my head. I actually feel like Mike's worked worse then stock. He's been telling me he'll have another set to me to try out. That's was last September. Absolutley worst customer service I've ever encountered from any company. Mike and his staff have a 1000 excuses for their inadequacies too which drives me nuts the most. Yes, I'm bitter about spending money with Mike. I should have bought all my stuff from someone who deserved it.

Both tuners have their lemmings on the forum. I'm not one of them. But the guy who gives me the best service and best product will get my future business guaranteed.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:00 AM
Troyer uses the Xcal3 what does VMP use?

Old 02-28-2009, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by Darkyst
Troyer uses the Xcal3 what does VMP use?
Xcal2 or Xcal3

Old 02-28-2009, 01:21 AM
Originally Posted by Ace85
Xcal2 or Xcal3
heh so the same thing, too bad that dont use something more cool looking like the sportdiablo but i guess looks arnt everything with a mod like that

Old 02-28-2009, 01:55 AM
I already have the tuner, just looking to change up tunes. Didn't know if there was a huge difference.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Your biggest difference will come from a dyno tune

Old 03-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lots of great tuners out there but, Troyer is the only guy that will touch my truck...

Old 06-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Old thread, but I just wanted to add my comments.

I just recently switched from Troyer tunes to VMP and for me there is not even a comparison between the two........VMP's tunes are 1000X better.

I have the 3.5" AF1 intake and, quite frankly, there was something wrong with the Troyer tunes. The top end might have been a bit better than stock, but the low end was SO bad that I couldn't even keep up with traffic from traffic lights, and I could hardly maintain speed on the highway without downshifting. On top of that, the AF1 was ridiculously loud and droned constantly. I originally blamed this on the intake but............

I installed the Justin's tunes a few days ago and all I can say is WOW! What a difference. THIS is what I paid for when I bought the XCal3, AF1, and custom tunes. Not only is the performance difference night and day, but the AF1 is quiet as can be under normal driving and only makes an aggressive (but pleasant) growl when I step on it.

I was originally VERY disappointed about the $700 I had wasted with Troyer, but I am a happy camper again. When I talked to TP about the tunes, they made all kinds of suggestions and tried to help, but were not successful. Mike looked the tunes over but said he couldn't find anything wrong. They got me to try MAF cleaning, different gas, etc., etc., but none of that worked. Then they wanted me to datalog but I wasn't willing to spend the money to get the O2 sensor to do so, and I don't have a dyno near me. So we were at an impasse.

I am not trying to start a Troyer versus VMP war, and Troyer has far too many happy customers for me to say they do a bad job, but they certainly did a bad job for ME. This is a forum, so I feel that I should post my experiences for the next newb that is trying to decide which tunes to get. I did a lot of research on this site before deciding on Troyer. I sure wish I would have found a post like this beforehand.

FWIW, I have a 2007 F-150 5.4L and my engine code is MXZ2.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:00 PM
Justin at VMP has dyno tuned my Mustang as well as my F150. I have nothing but great things to say about him.

In the past people were complaining about the Troyers delay and him not following through with scheduled shipping of items or tunes. People complained about his EFans for a along time but he just kept selling the same product. This was a turn off as well. Then at times he would come on here and try to bite someones head off that voiced there disconcern.

This made it an easy pick for me to go with VMP.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:06 PM
This is what a real forum should be about, opinions, comparisons, suggestions etc......

these are all good postings.....

Quick Reply: Anyone move from Troyer to VHP tunes?