code p1000? is this a problem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 10:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
code p1000? is this a problem?

today i tried the diagnostic on my edge evolution and the code p1000 came up. i really don't have a clue what this means. i looke it up on edgeproducts.com and i still don't have a clue.. i am getting the truck inspected tomorrow. will this cause problems? any help is helpful

Old 02-26-2009, 10:15 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not a problem but it may keep you from passing your emissions test if they do that. P1000 means that the emissions monitor routines in the PCM have not had enough drive cycles with the proper conditions to complete the monitors. Emissions testers will usually not test a vehicle with P1000 because they think you reset your PCM to clear any trouble codes which might have failed your vehicle.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kd4crs
Not a problem but it may keep you from passing your emissions test if they do that. P1000 means that the emissions monitor routines in the PCM have not had enough drive cycles with the proper conditions to complete the monitors. Emissions testers will usually not test a vehicle with P1000 because they think you reset your PCM to clear any trouble codes which might have failed your vehicle.

what do you suggest that i do?

Old 02-26-2009, 10:39 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you are getting emissions tested I would postpone the inspection until the P1000 clears. On my truck I have seen that code hang around for as long as 2 weeks. All I do is drive is drive back and forth to work. There are several specific conditions created by various types of driving that have to occur before that code will clear. There was a post on here some time ago that described the drive cycles that should clear the P1000, you might search and see if it turns up. I believe Quintin posted in that thread.

Quick Reply: code p1000? is this a problem?