Gryphon Custom Tune Dates

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LovetheTide
^You've got atleast another month. I searched my previous threads to find when I ordered mine and it was Dec. 27, and considering I haven't gotten mine yet you are no where near getting yours.
They said it would be about 4 weeks or maybe a little longer. I was expecting to come in pretty soon.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Kinda like I was told two weeks.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Well, this thread is a little concerning. I sent in my HEX code about a week ago and was told about 4-5 weeks for my custom tunes. I hope they are not far off, I have to tow my trailor out to Phoenix and was hopeing to use the custom tow tune on the way out there. (about 550 miles) I will shoot Corey an email. She has always been VERY helpful.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:38 PM
This isnt making me feel very good. I wanted to get the Gryphon to have the gauges and because I have heard of Troyer having really long wait times....looks like Gryphon isnt much different on the wait times. I understand they are growing rapidly and verrrry busy but this makes me not want to hassle with it. I hear VMPs wait times arent nearly as bad...maybe I will look into that.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by 700hauler
This isnt making me feel very good. I wanted to get the Gryphon to have the gauges and because I have heard of Troyer having really long wait times....looks like Gryphon isnt much different on the wait times. I understand they are growing rapidly and verrrry busy but this makes me not want to hassle with it. I hear VMPs wait times arent nearly as bad...maybe I will look into that.

Well thus far this is all just babble. Until we get an answer from the source (PHP) then I wouldn't conclude your hunt for custom tunes from PHP just yet. Corey and Bill have always been very helpful. I just sent Corey an email, so I will report back with her response. Yes they are very busy, just think about all the people from our forum alone that have ordered Gryphon's recently (including myself) plus all the other forums, word of mouth, etc.. Bill is only one guy, so you can't really expect the tunes to be done over night. Like Corey and Bill have said in the past, and states on their website that NO two tunes are alike. Bill customizes every single tune, and will not sell the same tune twice because then it would not be "custom". I will continue to wait patiently for my tunes, although I hope that the cases above are rare.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:08 PM
I realize that they are a small business but it seems that they have put to much time into creating new things, Minotaur and then something for the 7.3 they are working on now, instead of worrying about the things they already have, in this case tons of custom tune orders.

Right now I'm liking the guages but the reason I got it was for the tunes itself, and now I'm second guessing my thought of who to buy tunes from.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:49 AM
Originally Posted by onefitty
Well thus far this is all just babble. Until we get an answer from the source (PHP) then I wouldn't conclude your hunt for custom tunes from PHP just yet. Corey and Bill have always been very helpful. I just sent Corey an email, so I will report back with her response. Yes they are very busy, just think about all the people from our forum alone that have ordered Gryphon's recently (including myself) plus all the other forums, word of mouth, etc.. Bill is only one guy, so you can't really expect the tunes to be done over night. Like Corey and Bill have said in the past, and states on their website that NO two tunes are alike. Bill customizes every single tune, and will not sell the same tune twice because then it would not be "custom". I will continue to wait patiently for my tunes, although I hope that the cases above are rare.
Thats totally understandable, all valid points that I have thought about. But still I have heard VMPs wait times are half of everyone elses' and are just as good. For the most part the big 3 tuners all seem to get very good reviews so if I can get the same quaility product in less time why wait? Especially with cases like this happening and people having a hard time getting in touch with them to get it resolved. that just prolongs the problem. Not downing PHP at all. Just weighing my options.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:01 AM

Stay the course!

It is time people turn and talk to those who can really help in this situation, instead of moaning endlessly to those of us that can't help in the situation.

ALL tuners are busy this time of year, especially PHP. Heck they are only a 10 month old company, and, Bill is one man.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
You guys that have been waiting so long need to contact Corey. Something is just not right. This is the opposite of their usual great service. You need to email and call until you get it resolved. I know I would.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
You guys that have been waiting so long need to contact Corey. Something is just not right. This is the opposite of their usual great service. You need to email and call until you get it resolved. I know I would.
Exactly, my initial thought was why someone would let it take that long before raising hell with the company! I know I wouldn't wait 7 months! That's just crazy! But 4-6 weeks I can handle.

For what it's worth, I emailed Corey yesterday and she got back to me this morning insuring that my order form had been updated with my HEX code, and it is sitting on Bill's desk under everyone else's orders before me. Thanks Corey for the fast response as usual.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PHP is working pretty damn hard with their other orders. Along with everything else they have been doing, they are quite swamped that contacting them is pretty difficult anymore. Just send your HEX codes as soon as you get them, and keep in contact for the status of your tune.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
According to PHP's site they are closed until Friday this week so I would not expect any answers until then.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
has everyone who has been waiting for so long actually tried to communicate by phone with Bill or Corey?...I would try that before I went online and started bashing and talking people out of using PHP...they have been nothing but good to about 99% of the people who have bought stuff from them, which in my grading scale is an A+

Old 03-09-2009, 05:19 PM
I dont think there has been any bashing. And it seems to me that everyone who has had this issue has tried to contact them but had no luck. Its just one of those things, gotta keep trying. Im have not been talked out of a PHP tuner by any means, Im still in limbo as to what tuner Im going to get as it is. I would love to have Troyer tunes but the wait time makes me not want to go there, so hearing the wait time may suck with PHP too is a bummer. But I think thats just all a sign as to how popular they are and how many people are happy with them. I just hate to wait! lol

Old 03-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not even complaining at all. I think their service is top notch really, when I ordered the tuner it was hear in less than a week. I have enjoyed the canned tunes, and I think when I get the customs it'll be like a whole new toy all over again. I just need to get the tunes when I can. Not long after I received the tuner I moved and didn't really have it on my priority list of things. I'm not blaming them, I'm just looking for a status. Heck they might need more answers from me, I dunno.

Quick Reply: Gryphon Custom Tune Dates