Gryphon Custom Tune Dates

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i wasnt referring to either of you two in my post, sorry for the lack of clarification, didnt want to mention anybodies names

Old 03-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
The KEY here, guys, is communication! If you've been waiting forever, maybe PHP is waiting for you! Bluejay summed it up precisely - talk to them! Bill and Corey DO NOT want you to be unhappy! Why would they?

And DON'T, DON'T complain in this forum about ANY vendor! That's not the way to get what you want. If you think about it, the vendors we support are popular for a reason. They really DO provide good products and try to make us all happy. The exceptions are usually due to miss communication. Discuss your problem with them, not the rest of us!

- Jack

Old 03-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bjp207
i wasnt referring to either of you two in my post, sorry for the lack of clarification, didnt want to mention anybodies names
Hopefully you were not speaking of me either.

Instead of everyone being so defensive, read the previous posts. I do not think anyone has bashed PHP. Someone asks a question and I answered what is going on in my case. In fact, if you look at one of my previous threads I posted how well the experience has been so far. I have not changed my opinion at all regarding PHP and do not regret using PHP, but if someone asks a question that I can help answer, I WILL do it.

That is what a forum is for.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by bjp207
No big deal. I was just saying this isnt or hasnt turned into a PHP bashing IMO just people discussing the issues they have had.

Last edited by 700hauler; 03-10-2009 at 12:10 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
The KEY here, guys, is communication! If you've been waiting forever, maybe PHP is waiting for you! Bluejay summed it up precisely - talk to them! Bill and Corey DO NOT want you to be unhappy! Why would they?

And DON'T, DON'T complain in this forum about ANY vendor! That's not the way to get what you want. If you think about it, the vendors we support are popular for a reason. They really DO provide good products and try to make us all happy. The exceptions are usually due to miss communication. Discuss your problem with them, not the rest of us!

- Jack
And why not? This is a public forum for people to discuss issues they have or information to share. I don't see why people can't complain about issues they have had on here, thats what makes vendors strive even hard to make their customers happy, because thats the power we as consumers have, we can chose to spread the word about what our experiences are, then when PHP gets it resolved in a timely manner then we can discuss how good and prompt their resolution was. I dont think anything bad has been said about PHP, just people getting antsy due to a long wait for their tunes. Whats wrong with that?

Last edited by 700hauler; 03-10-2009 at 12:14 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:05 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by onefitty
Well, this thread is a little concerning. I sent in my HEX code about a week ago and was told about 4-5 weeks for my custom tunes. I hope they are not far off, I have to tow my trailor out to Phoenix and was hopeing to use the custom tow tune on the way out there. (about 550 miles) I will shoot Corey an email. She has always been VERY helpful.
Didja ever get that e-mail to me? (And thank you for the kind words).

Old 03-10-2009, 02:41 AM
Former Sponsor
Reply Part One

Okay, so I've been reading this thread every day to see where it's going and have waited until now to post and, hopefully, clear some things up.

1- We have never given a estimated date for tunes to be finished without really believing they'd be done by that time. If you think about it, how much sense would it make to give someone a BS answer to keep them happy and quiet on Day A while knowing full well that they're gonna be REALLY pissed off on Day B?

2- I'll give you an example of how we plan one thing, but something different works out... we closed our office for an entire week solely for the purpose of allowing Bill time to custom tune. Financially, it's stupid to close for a week, but we felt that it was the right thing to do for our customers. We knew for about two weeks that we were going to do it and planned accordingly. However, Edge called with a project for Bill, and since he is subcontracted to do their Ford stuff, he had no choice but to work on the project. There were nights that week when he was on the phone at 2AM with one of the engineers at Edge trying to troubleshoot some problems! Obviously, he didn't PLAN for this to happen, but it did, and the whole week we closed was for naught.

3- Bill does not only tune Gryphons for our F-150 customers. I know I've put this on here somewhere before, but this man works about 18 hours a day -- usually 7 days a week (just ask our sons, who set the dinner table the other night to ensure that we'd all sit down together instead of the two of us eating at our desks). If all he did was custom tune all day, life would be terrific! And someone posted on here how they were concerned about us releasing new products when our custom tuning customers were still waiting. I understand that you don't have all the information, and I can see your point of view. If we could pay our bills simply by selling programmers, we would. Imagine how easy the website would be! Or answering e-mails! Gosh, it would be a no-brainer! However, that's not possible at this point, and we refuse to sell products like some other tuners do (no, I'm NOT talking about Justin or Mike!) at unfair prices and screw people over just to make a hefty profit. That's just not what we believe is the morally right thing to do. So, yes. We have to sell a variety of items to accommodate different consumers, and not all of them are F-150 owners. We are very blessed that Bill is really talented in many areas, and so we are able to release new products to the aftermarket performance community.

4- As for not being able to get ahold of us, there's a couple of things...
  • Due to our security wall as well as security walls on customers' computers, e-mail is often lost in cyberspace
  • Bill received e-mail addressed specifically to him, but everything else gets dumped in my mailbox -- that's questions about ALL of our products, orders, questions from customers, and junk e-mail. In the last month or so, I'd say I've been getting about 50-100 pieces of e-mail each day. I do my best to get through all of them as quickly as possible, but sometimes, there just aren't enough hours in the day. PMs on our forum are the best way to get ahold of me if you haven't heard back from an e-mail. I just answered about a dozen PMs from the last few days.
  • We, technically, have one phone line for the business; that line has call waiting. We also each have cell phones used for the business, but generally, they shouldn't be ringing (mine's the emergency line). We also recently obtained a new dedicated line just for our dealers. I kid you not when I tell you that since the beginning of the year, there have been many times when we have four phone lines being used simultaneously! If you call and it just rings and rings, that's because we're on the phone with a dealer or a customer and it's not an appropriate time to put someone on hold. If you get the machine, that's because we're out of the office, on another phone with a customer, or we're simply in the middle of something. And please know that psycho-calling (calling over and over every few minutes) doesn't work if we're helping someone else. We do have a number for true emergencies, and we do get back to people who leave messages.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:42 AM
Former Sponsor
Reply Part Two

5- There is a longer-than-we'd-like wait time for custom tunes because we have so many customers. It makes our life crazy, but it's a wonderful thing to have to "suffer" through! We must be doing something right since we're not sitting around twiddling our thumbs!

6- Having to wait for custom tunes for seven months is ludicrous. Obviously, something is going on with this customer. If he reads this, please get in touch with us.

7- Please know that we are genuinely sorry about the time that customers have had to wait for their tunes. Some members on here can attest to the fact that I've suggested that they buy from Justin or Mike if the wait is going to be an issue. I've never been one to convince a customer to buy something just to make a sale. Life is too short to be -- and make others -- unhappy.

If you've read this far, I thank you. If you'll notice the time, I think it's about 2:30AM or so. THIS is the quiet time during the day that I'm using to answer posts, PMs, and e-mails. Bill lay down at midnight and told me to get him up around 4AM so he can work. Please don't ever think that we aren't working our butts off to take care of our customers.

As for bashing, this wasn't too bad -- and was deserved. It would just be a nicer place if people would THINK before they hit the <ENTER> button sometimes. If you're upset with a person -- or a company in this case -- shouldn't you deal with them personally? We talk to about 25-50 people every day and answer a ton of e-mails and posts, so although it may be difficult, it's certainly not impossible to get ahold of us. I'm talking about the morally right thing to do now -- not your right to post anything you want on a forum, which I do believe everyone on here technically has a right to do. You're dealing with someone's livelihood -- whether it be PHP, VMP, Troyer, Edge, or anyone else. Give it some thought next time.

Blessings,
Corey

Last edited by Groovy Chick; 03-10-2009 at 02:48 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:49 AM
points well taken. I hope u didnt take any of my comments to offense as they werent meant that way Corey....I still want a Gryphon

Old 03-10-2009, 04:09 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by 700hauler
And why not? This is a public forum for people to discuss issues they have or information to share. I don't see why people can't complain about issues they have had on here, thats what makes vendors strive even hard to make their customers happy, because thats the power we as consumers have, we can chose to spread the word about what our experiences are, then when PHP gets it resolved in a timely manner then we can discuss how good and prompt their resolution was. I dont think anything bad has been said about PHP, just people getting antsy due to a long wait for their tunes. Whats wrong with that?
Originally Posted by 700hauler
points well taken. I hope u didnt take any of my comments to offense as they werent meant that way Corey....I still want a Gryphon
No worries. Billy and I have a very thick skin. It takes a lot to get to us.

Just to comment on the sentence I highlighted above... I can't speak for Justin or Mike, but I can tell you that PHP doesn't play that game. From time to time, we've received e-mails from people waiting for tunes or something that stick in comments like, "Maybe I should post on the forums... blah, blah, blah..." It doesn't make us work any faster, and we always let them know that they're entitled to post about anything they'd like on the forums.

Recently, we had a customer (who was having a problem with one of his custom tunes) send a rude e-mail telling us that he was looking at another tuner and that if he liked it better, he was going to ask us for a refund. We stopped that nonsense right there. Though Bill had done already written an updated calibration for him, we pulled it off the server and refunded him the cost of the tune (which we didn't even have to do) in a heartbeat.

So please know that comments like the one you made above aren't going to have the desired effect on Bill and me. We can't work any harder than we already are, and we can't strive any harder to make out customers happier. We can only do our best and hope that it's good enough.

Like I said in the other post, everyone is entitled to post about anything they please; it's just a matter of it being the right thing to do or not, and that decision is left up to the individual.

Thank you for your post, 700hauler. No hard feelings.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is definitely not what I was going for if it was taken as so. Like I said in previous posts, I was just looking for info. I hadn't checked in on the status of the tunes in so long that I had no idea that PHP even had their own forum now. I usually just e-mail Corey, but I hadn't heard back, so I thought maybe e-mail addresses had changed or moved to a different domain, etc. When I was originally looking at the Gryphon, I found all the info I could ever want about it on f150online, and from Corey. So I assumed I'd probably find the info I was looking for back on the forum. As a systems administrator, I understand the situation, it happens. We use a few different types of e-mail filtering software that is restrictive, and sometimes e-mails that are considered ok, get filtered as junk because of multiple reasons, no big deal. I'll send a message on the PHP forum, and just get back to me when you get a chance.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Bill & Corey you guys are doing a very good job. I've seen your family photo and understand you have kids and other life priorities. I would rather you guys take your time creating a custom tune that will be excellent and flawless than to just quick write something up guessed and post it. This is why I chose to buy your tuner. I would much rather deal with your guys more than the others and I like the programmers you offer. Glad that I have your business. I'm perfectly fine waiting a month or so for my tune and fully realize you guys are working on alot of other tunes for others and working on oher projects. My Gryphon comes today, i'm excited for it and glad to see it took only 4 days to get here. Keep up the great work guys

Old 03-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Josh M
That is definitely not what I was going for if it was taken as so. Like I said in previous posts, I was just looking for info. I hadn't checked in on the status of the tunes in so long that I had no idea that PHP even had their own forum now. I usually just e-mail Corey, but I hadn't heard back, so I thought maybe e-mail addresses had changed or moved to a different domain, etc. When I was originally looking at the Gryphon, I found all the info I could ever want about it on f150online, and from Corey. So I assumed I'd probably find the info I was looking for back on the forum. As a systems administrator, I understand the situation, it happens. We use a few different types of e-mail filtering software that is restrictive, and sometimes e-mails that are considered ok, get filtered as junk because of multiple reasons, no big deal. I'll send a message on the PHP forum, and just get back to me when you get a chance.
Josh, based on your User Name, I just found you -- in the sad, lonely drawer of customers whose HEX codes we don't have. You may have sent it and it got lost somewhere in cyberspace. No worries. Please give me a call or shoot me a PM on the forum with your HEX code, and I will put you at the very top of the pile. If more people had your patience (I'm hoping for it in my next life! ), the world world would be a wonderful place.

Have a spectacular day!

Old 03-10-2009, 01:15 PM
got my gryphon yesterday great dealing with you guys and adding the little things in the box show you do care about your customers and products plus all the positive comments on this site is the reason i swapped to the gryphon.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick
Didja ever get that e-mail to me? (And thank you for the kind words).
Yes I did, and I think you even responded to it before posting on this forum! Thanks again for the update, I am definately looking forward to the custom tunes.

Quick Reply: Gryphon Custom Tune Dates