Gryphon Custom Tune Dates

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its worth the wait..PROMISE

Old 03-11-2009, 01:22 AM
i know im going to get Gryphon. i cant wait to order it. i feel like a little kid inside.. hahah

Old 03-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SuckerPunch
i know im going to get Gryphon. i cant wait to order it. i feel like a little kid inside.. hahah
I know the feeling, you wont be dissappointed

Old 03-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Thumbs up

wow....

Hang in there everyone.....I think the communication suggestion was the best answer. As Corey just stated...there are alot of people who don't even have their HEX codes into PHP.

I'll wait til Summer if it takes that Corey I am not worried..

Old 03-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick
No worries. Billy and I have a very thick skin. It takes a lot to get to us.

Just to comment on the sentence I highlighted above... I can't speak for Justin or Mike, but I can tell you that PHP doesn't play that game. From time to time, we've received e-mails from people waiting for tunes or something that stick in comments like, "Maybe I should post on the forums... blah, blah, blah..." It doesn't make us work any faster, and we always let them know that they're entitled to post about anything they'd like on the forums.

Recently, we had a customer (who was having a problem with one of his custom tunes) send a rude e-mail telling us that he was looking at another tuner and that if he liked it better, he was going to ask us for a refund. We stopped that nonsense right there. Though Bill had done already written an updated calibration for him, we pulled it off the server and refunded him the cost of the tune (which we didn't even have to do) in a heartbeat.

So please know that comments like the one you made above aren't going to have the desired effect on Bill and me. We can't work any harder than we already are, and we can't strive any harder to make out customers happier. We can only do our best and hope that it's good enough.

Like I said in the other post, everyone is entitled to post about anything they please; it's just a matter of it being the right thing to do or not, and that decision is left up to the individual.

Thank you for your post, 700hauler. No hard feelings.
Corey I think that comment I made was either not stated very well or is being taken out of context. There was no "desired affect." What I meant by it was not that posting on the forum will make u guys work any harder or better, as I believe that u guys really do strive to make every customer happy. It was meant to say that the fact that consumers have the right to voice their opinions on service and quality that keeps companies striving to do their best. Companies, such as yours, don't want people out there to be unhappy with what you do or the product you sell, so you guys strive to give your best service and quality because, as you know, if people aren't happy with what they get they WILL spread the word. Thats all I meant by that comment

Im a firm believer in "If you aren't happy with our service, tell us. If you are happy with it, tell a friend!" I try to follow that if I as a consumer have issues.
I agree that any issues must be taken up with you guys before anything else gets put out there. I guess I didnt see this thread put out there as a "PHP sucks, I didnt get my tunes" type of thread. I just saw someone who was having issues getting their tunes and getting in contact and wanted to find out whether or not anyone else had the same issues. But that may just be my take on it.

Last edited by 700hauler; 03-11-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:24 PM
I received my custom tunes today and had a problem downloading them from PHP. I called PHP and Corey immediately put Bill on to troubleshoot. It turned out to be a Vista security deal that Bill identified and held my hand to work around.The download then continued smoothly and quickly. I just returned from a quick test run on 87 Performance and I am very pleased. I had been running the Edge tow tune and,man,what an improvement. An apparent bonus appears to be a sizable improvement in mileage around my hilly neighborhood. Thanks Corey and Bill.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:54 PM
5- There is a longer-than-we'd-like wait time for custom tunes because we have so many customers. It makes our life crazy, but it's a wonderful thing to have to "suffer" through! We must be doing something right since we're not sitting around twiddling our thumbs!

6- Having to wait for custom tunes for seven months is ludicrous. Obviously, something is going on with this customer. If he reads this, please get in touch with us.

7- Please know that we are genuinely sorry about the time that customers have had to wait for their tunes. Some members on here can attest to the fact that I've suggested that they buy from Justin or Mike if the wait is going to be an issue. I've never been one to convince a customer to buy something just to make a sale. Life is too short to be -- and make others -- unhappy.

If you've read this far, I thank you. If you'll notice the time, I think it's about 2:30AM or so. THIS is the quiet time during the day that I'm using to answer posts, PMs, and e-mails. Bill lay down at midnight and told me to get him up around 4AM so he can work. Please don't ever think that we aren't working our butts off to take care of our customers.

As for bashing, this wasn't too bad -- and was deserved. It would just be a nicer place if people would THINK before they hit the <ENTER> button sometimes. If you're upset with a person -- or a company in this case -- shouldn't you deal with them personally? We talk to about 25-50 people every day and answer a ton of e-mails and posts, so although it may be difficult, it's certainly not impossible to get ahold of us. I'm talking about the morally right thing to do now -- not your right to post anything you want on a forum, which I do believe everyone on here technically has a right to do. You're dealing with someone's livelihood -- whether it be PHP, VMP, Troyer, Edge, or anyone else. Give it some thought next time.

Blessings,
Corey
well spoken. this is another example of why PHP is a standout company with standout folks operating it.

although, it does sound like PHP needs an additional employee for emails and phone calls

Old 03-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Former Sponsor
It's not that we haven't given it any thought! Right now, though, we don't have time to train anyone about the products and tuning, quite honestly, which is really a catch 22. If you think about it, I came into this a bit more than a year ago, and I can talk to anyone for hours now about the F-150, but it's taken a long time to really learn and understand about the trucks, the mods, our products, and the tuning aspect!

Now that we're venturing back into the diesel market, too, I'm learning all over again! Bill, of course, knows all of it, and at this point, I have to defer most diesel calls to him. There are also a lot of people who call and specifically ask to speak with him. It's not unrealistic for either of us to spend 20-30 minutes or more on one phone call -- several times a day! -- if someone has lots of questions. I don't blame anyone! If I were going to spend a few hundred dollars on a product, I'd sure be asking lots of questions, too!

Our long-term goals (over the next two years or so) include hiring 1-3 more people and possibly opening a shop so that we can offer bolt-on mods like exhausts, fans, and pulleys in conjunction with custom tuning.

Wil -- our 9-year old 5th grader (he skipped 1st grade) -- is really interested in tuning and is an absolute clone of his dad intellectually. Bill's going to start teaching him some of the basics of tuning. Maybe a few years down the road, he'll be able to help, too.

(Thank you for the kind words! We really appreciate more than we can put into words!)

Last edited by Groovy Chick; 03-11-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:17 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by thankschub
I received my custom tunes today and had a problem downloading them from PHP. I called PHP and Corey immediately put Bill on to troubleshoot. It turned out to be a Vista security deal that Bill identified and held my hand to work around.The download then continued smoothly and quickly. I just returned from a quick test run on 87 Performance and I am very pleased. I had been running the Edge tow tune and,man,what an improvement. An apparent bonus appears to be a sizable improvement in mileage around my hilly neighborhood. Thanks Corey and Bill.
You are very welcome! I'm sorry the wait was way longer than we anticipated, but I'm really glad you're pleased with your tunes.

When Bill first realized that Pegasus had problems with Vista several months ago, we actually went out and bought a laptop with Vista just to figure out why! I think he had you disable some security feature temporarily, right? Who knew?

Enjoy, and thank you so much for posting!

Old 03-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by 700hauler
Corey I think that comment I made was either not stated very well or is being taken out of context. There was no "desired affect." What I meant by it was not that posting on the forum will make u guys work any harder or better, as I believe that u guys really do strive to make every customer happy. It was meant to say that the fact that consumers have the right to voice their opinions on service and quality that keeps companies striving to do their best. Companies, such as yours, don't want people out there to be unhappy with what you do or the product you sell, so you guys strive to give your best service and quality because, as you know, if people aren't happy with what they get they WILL spread the word. Thats all I meant by that comment

Im a firm believer in "If you aren't happy with our service, tell us. If you are happy with it, tell a friend!" I try to follow that if I as a consumer have issues.
I agree that any issues must be taken up with you guys before anything else gets put out there. I guess I didnt see this thread put out there as a "PHP sucks, I didnt get my tunes" type of thread. I just saw someone who was having issues getting their tunes and getting in contact and wanted to find out whether or not anyone else had the same issues. But that may just be my take on it.
700hauler, like I said before... no worries. But thank you for trying to clarify things; it's very likely that I did take your words out of context. It's hard on the forums, sometimes, to get the message across exactly as you'd like it to be taken.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:23 PM
700hauler, like I said before... no worries. But thank you for trying to clarify things; it's very likely that I did take your words out of context. It's hard on the forums, sometimes, to get the message across exactly as you'd like it to be taken.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by jlstang351
Its worth the wait..PROMISE
x2

Old 03-12-2009, 03:10 AM
I wish I could afford it right now...soon enough I guess

Old 03-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Corey and Bill ROCK!

Here is my email conversation with Corey today:

ME:
Hi Corey,

I just wanted to know when I could expect the upgraded one. I’m going on a trip next Thursday pulling the toy hauler and I was just curious if there was any miracle that I could get it before then.

Thanks!

Corey:
Hey Dan,

Our Paypal name is: sales@phptune.com. We should be able to take your programmer with us tomorrow and ship it at a UPS store on the road so that you'll have it back for your trip. Would it hurt your feelings if your custom tunes were on it when it arrived? :oD

Blessings,
Corey

Me:

Payment Sent! You guys rock! Thanks sooo much! gotta go and praise you all
on F150online!

Thanks Again!
Dan

Corey:
Aw, thanks for making my day, Dan! :oD

Blessings, Corey

That kind of Customer Service can not be beat!

Thanks Again Corey!

Old 03-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Drdudsads

Last edited by Drdudsads; 06-22-2011 at 12:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Gryphon Custom Tune Dates