PHP chip

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 09:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PHP chip

Hey all. I have heard that Bill and Corey can do a chip instead of an actual programmer. Anyone know about this? If so what do they cost? I had an Edge about a year ago and even though it was ok to have I liked the clean look on my dash and the pod with the Edge didn't really jive with me. Not to mention I had a problem with the Evo that we couldn't get resolved so I sold it. I will probably shoot PHP an email on this but I was curious if any of you have any knowledge of a chip. Thanks.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by flybub
Hey all. I have heard that Bill and Corey can do a chip instead of an actual programmer. Anyone know about this? If so what do they cost? I had an Edge about a year ago and even though it was ok to have I liked the clean look on my dash and the pod with the Edge didn't really jive with me. Not to mention I had a problem with the Evo that we couldn't get resolved so I sold it. I will probably shoot PHP an email on this but I was curious if any of you have any knowledge of a chip. Thanks.
I have read on here that you must use a tuner on the 2004s up. You may want to look into an Xcal3. It does not mount on the dash, you download and put it away until you need it. As far as that goes, if you got the Gryphon/Edge, there is no necessity to use the display.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Bingo, you do not have to use the dash mount if you dont want to with the edge. You can program the PCM and disconnect it like you would any other programmer.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love having my display. I used to worry about it getting stolen, but not anymore. The pod blends in really well with the dash. It looks factory, and you can barely see it from outside. You would have know what you are looking for.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by flybub
We can do a chip for a gasser -- but not a 2005. I believe we can do it for 1988-2003 gassers.

Last edited by Groovy Chick; 03-11-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Thanks for everyones help. Wish I could get a Gryphon but the family budget is a little tight, that's the one of the other reasons I was hoping for a cheaper route with the chip. Thanks again.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by rednoved
I love having my display. I used to worry about it getting stolen, but not anymore. The pod blends in really well with the dash. It looks factory, and you can barely see it from outside. You would have know what you are looking for.
Must be nice! I have the ugly textured black pod. Looks horrible! Guess I will sand it down and paint it this spring

Trending Topics

Old 03-12-2009, 01:39 AM
Haha. Yeah I have the black textured one too, but I don't think it looks terrible. My head unit is black, and my steering wheel is black so it doesn't look too out of place. But us 97-03 guys have a different pod than you 2004+ guys do.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:58 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Mine is black and fits perfectly with my XLT interior. Looks factory.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by jlstang351
Must be nice! I have the ugly textured black pod. Looks horrible! Guess I will sand it down and paint it this spring
If it is worth the money to you, PHP sells just the pod. I forget the price, but I had the black pod and bought the painted one from them. it fits the dash 120% better than the older style pod too. no need for tape or anything

Quick Reply: PHP chip