New O2's & Plugs with XCAL2

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 11:16 AM
MHP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy New O2's & Plugs with XCAL2

I just had my front O2's & plugs replaced, when I reloaded my Tune I found that my idle had changed. It now drops to below 500 when coming to a stop and has stalled once while slowing to turn into a parking stall. Do I need to get my tunes redone after the O2 change? I went back to stock and the idle is now doing the same thing in stock. None of this was happening after the work was completed and I drove off. It didnt start until after I put the Tune back in.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:45 PM
I would say drive it around a bit to let the computer re-learn everything. My 04 and my 98 would do that whenever I changed the tune, it never actually died but got close to it a few times. After driving it for a while everything was normal again though.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:10 PM
It could be that your o2's was so old when you got your tune that it does need to relearn. reset the battery and see if that helps.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:03 AM
MHP
Problem solved!! I cleaned the throttle body over the weekend and its like a new truck. Still not sure why the plug & O2 change made the problem show up though. Anyway tune is back in and all is good. Thanks for ideas.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by MHP
Problem solved!! I cleaned the throttle body over the weekend and its like a new truck. Still not sure why the plug & O2 change made the problem show up though. Anyway tune is back in and all is good. Thanks for ideas.
The computer learned and adjusted air idle over time for a dirty TB. Now when the O2's were changed the KAM was cleared, it lost those saved values.

Quick Reply: New O2's & Plugs with XCAL2