Edge Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge Question

I just got my edge evo and hooked it up its throwing a code P1000 anyone know how to get rid of this. Also on the tranny only setting it shifts like crap at WOT any ideas.

Last edited by Robertbl; 03-14-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:10 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I have never had any technical problems with my edge evo, but I would bet there is a section devoted to clearing codes in the manual. Hopefully you can get it worked out, if not call edge directly they have excellent customer service!

Old 03-14-2009, 06:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What do you mean wot shifting like crap? Its supposed to shift hard. The shift points are adjustable

Old 03-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery, leaving the head lights on, for about 30 minutes.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
P1000 is a normal code after the PCM has been programmed. It is there because the emissions monitor routines have not completed. It takes several drive cycles to clear because several specific conditions have to be met.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by kd4crs
P1000 is a normal code after the PCM has been programmed. It is there because the emissions monitor routines have not completed. It takes several drive cycles to clear because several specific conditions have to be met.
Right, I knew it was something like that, but could not remember. Will disconnecting the battery have no effect on it?

Old 03-15-2009, 03:13 AM
Originally Posted by kd4crs
Thanks I even looked that up on the edge website and it still made no sense.

Trending Topics

Old 03-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Right, I knew it was something like that, but could not remember. Will disconnecting the battery have no effect on it?
Jim - I think, from our beach house here in California, that disconnecting the battery will actually create a similar if not the same, code? Isn't this something that appears until the PCM relearns it's strategies?

There IS a specific procedure you go through that's on the PHP website that does the "drive cycle" thing. It involves something like: Idling till you're warmed up, driving exactly 500 feet, stopping, saying in a loud voice, "Ford is good!", starting again for 1000 feet, flooring the accelerator, hitting the brake, turning off the ignition, turning it back on to start, turning the cruise control on and off and then some other things I can't remember.

Or, I think you can just drive the thing for a while and the code goes away?

- Jack

Quick Reply: Edge Question