gryphon tuner

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 02:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gryphon tuner

i have looked at many tuners for my 99. and i had my mind set on either the TWEECER or the SCT Livewire. but this gryphon looks like it might be good for the money. but i had a few questions. 1 can i manually control spark timing and fuel curves, or is it a set tune?. 2 is there a possible way i can plug it straight into my J3 Port of the PCM, or do i have to use the DLC? and 3 is it capable of deleting the rear o2 sensors?

i looked all over for these answers and couldent find them. but it looks like many people on this site has used it, so i figured id ask.

thanks

Last edited by bigblue54; 03-21-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:01 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by bigblue54
i have looked at many tuners for my 99. and i had my mind set on either the TWEECER or the SCT Livewire. but this gryphon looks like it might be good for the money. but i had a few questions. 1 can i manually control spark timing and fuel curves, or is it a set tune?. 2 is there a possible way i can plug it straight into my J3 Port of the PCM, or do i have to use the DLC? and 3 is it capable of deleting the rear o2 sensors?

i looked all over for these answers and couldent find them. but it looks like many people on this site has used it, so i figured id ask.

thanks
You CAN adjust spark timing and shift points yourself with the Gryphon. You cannot play with the fueling strategy - that's locked up in the tune.

The Gryphon plugs directly into the OBDII port.

As far as I know, Bill won't write a tune that deletes the O2 sensors.

- Jack

Old 03-21-2009, 11:09 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Yep. What he said^^^^

Quick Reply: gryphon tuner