edge software download problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question edge software download problem

Sorry if this is a repeat thread, but I might not have searched good enough. Anyways, to the point, I tried downloading the Lightning software, but it keeps telling me that "Internet Explorer has blocked this site from downloading files to your computer". Anybody have any idea how to get around this? I've never had this happen with anything else.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:47 AM
I am not a computer savy but did you try with the firewall wall off? or at low setting? Good luck

Old 03-22-2009, 01:21 PM
That's an idea I didn't try. Thanks

Old 03-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Adobe was the problem. But I'm still having an issue with updating the EVO so I called Edge, they want me to send it back so they can figure out what the problem is.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Did they fix your problem?

Old 04-14-2009, 03:35 PM
According to Edge its on its way home. So as soon as it gets here i'll post up and let yall know.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:51 PM
UPS brought my toy back today. This is the first experience that I've ever had with any kind of tuner and all I can say HOLY CRAP! That thing is awesome. I am now a firm believer in a tuner being the absolute best "bang for your buck" performance mod on the market. I actually aquired a 1.5-2mpg gain out of my truck (and no I didn't change my driving style in the least, if anything I got a little heavier on the pedal). Needless to say, I'm now no longer concerned about putting 35's back on my truck.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad you like it, love mine too, I have mine on level 2 and WONT try level 3 cause I know if I do I will have to start buying 91+ octane, 2 is good enough for me I commute so its good for now, maybe down road after some mods level 3 or I can send it to PHP and they will convert it to their custom tunes

Old 04-15-2009, 11:56 PM
got mine this afternoon and love it!! i'm keeping it on level 2. was very easy to install, the shop wanted $100 to do it and i told them i'd try it myself first. and it was easy!! should i get a cold air intake now or leave it be???

Old 04-16-2009, 12:23 AM
Originally Posted by radar's FX4
got mine this afternoon and love it!! i'm keeping it on level 2. was very easy to install, the shop wanted $100 to do it and i told them i'd try it myself first. and it was easy!! should i get a cold air intake now or leave it be???
That's the same question I had and everybody I talk to says a CAI is a great mod but its not always a necessity. They say if you have more air coming in then you should have more space to let it out. That's why I do exhaust first then intake.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:37 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by 06hdfxst
That's the same question I had and everybody I talk to says a CAI is a great mod but its not always a necessity. They say if you have more air coming in then you should have more space to let it out. That's why I do exhaust first then intake.
You guys wanting a CAI keep in mind that the Edge is tuned for a stock intake. You will get minimal benefit from a CAI unless you get cutom tuned. It's been said over and over and you all seem to keep missing that. It's pretty much money thrown away unless you have a tune that takes advantage of it. And, yes, you need an exhaust to get rid of the extra flow.

One other point, you can do the mod in the How To section on the stock intake and get almost the same benefit as a CAI, it just doesn't look as sexy.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
You guys wanting a CAI keep in mind that the Edge is tuned for a stock intake. You will get minimal benefit from a CAI unless you get cutom tuned. It's been said over and over and you all seem to keep missing that. It's pretty much money thrown away unless you have a tune that takes advantage of it. And, yes, you need an exhaust to get rid of the extra flow.

One other point, you can do the mod in the How To section on the stock intake and get almost the same benefit as a CAI, it just doesn't look as sexy.
I got ya bluejay, I haven't done it yet cause I wanted to run my edge for a little while before I sent it PHP. I have a 4.6 anyways so more than likely i'll just do the Gotts mod on mine. Not to sound like a smartass, but I read and think before I act. Thanks for the input. Some idiots need all the help they can get.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Global Moderator &

I got ya bluejay, I haven't done it yet cause I wanted to run my edge for a little while before I sent it PHP. I have a 4.6 anyways so more than likely i'll just do the Gotts mod on mine. Not to sound like a smartass, but I read and think before I act. Thanks for the input. Some idiots need all the help they can get.
I apologize, did not realize you had the 4.6. I just gets old, guys jumping in, making the same mistakes when if they will do a little research, it's all there.

One thing I don't understand though, why buy the Edge in the first place, if you want a CAI. Why not save all the hassle and get a Gryphon to start with?

Also, you guys running level 2 and saying you are content and want to save money on gas is the reason for not running level 3. You need to try level 3. If you pay attention, most of us got about 11% better mileage with level 3 which paid for the difference in cost and gave MUCH better performance.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:57 AM
No need to apologize. The only reason I didn't buy the gryphon is because the tuner was already in my truck when I bought it. I was planning to fill up with 93 next tank to see what level 3 is all about. Gas prices aren't the issue, I just wanted to see what the tuner really does yesterday was the first time I actually got to use it because I had to send it back to Edge, that was the point of this thread. On the way to work this morning I was averaging 15mpg, according to the tuner, at 55-65mph.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Global Moderator &

No need to apologize. The only reason I didn't buy the gryphon is because the tuner was already in my truck when I bought it. I was planning to fill up with 93 next tank to see what level 3 is all about. Gas prices aren't the issue, I just wanted to see what the tuner really does yesterday was the first time I actually got to use it because I had to send it back to Edge, that was the point of this thread. On the way to work this morning I was averaging 15mpg, according to the tuner, at 55-65mph.
It normally takes several cycles before that average fuel consumption gets accurate. Bill explained it a couple of times a while back. The only truely accurate way is keep a record of fillups and do the math, but over several cycles, the readout can be close.

I suspect you will be amazed at level 3. Once I tried it, I never went back to level 2.

Quick Reply: edge software download problem