Edge custom tuning

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge custom tuning

Is there a way to tune towards better gas mileage? I just got my edge () and have noticed that i am averaging 15.6 mpg and i have been way meaner with accelerating than when it was just stock and then i averaged about 13 mpg! Overall i am very satisfied so far, but am skeptical to try custom tuning because i dont want to mess with edge's warranty..

Main question is what is the best "custom tune" that you can do yourself with the edge to increase MPG's?

-Alex

Old 03-23-2009, 03:31 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Nothing you change pushing buttons will affect Edge's warranty. It is just a computer chip. About the only thing you can modify that might help mpg would be shift points. Or maybe idle rpms.

Old 03-24-2009, 03:34 PM
ok well thanks for the info! i'm havin fun with the tuner and still not drivin with the radio on lol

Old 03-24-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Nothing you change pushing buttons will affect Edge's warranty. It is just a computer chip. About the only thing you can modify that might help mpg would be shift points. Or maybe idle rpms.
Can you elaborate on the shift points?

Old 03-24-2009, 06:03 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Raatikainen22
Can you elaborate on the shift points?
One of the things you can change is normal shift points. If you lower the speed of the shift points, be better gas mileage. I never messed with them as mpg was never a concern. Mine has always gotten good mileage.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the info.. I'll mess around with the custom settings a little bit, but nothing crazy! What do you have your shift firmness set at for each gear? I like firm shifts but I dont want to damage the trans by over doing it.. What is a "safe" setting range for the firmness of shifts?

-Alex

Old 03-24-2009, 11:13 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Raatikainen22
Thanks for the info.. I'll mess around with the custom settings a little bit, but nothing crazy! What do you have your shift firmness set at for each gear? I like firm shifts but I dont want to damage the trans by over doing it.. What is a "safe" setting range for the firmness of shifts?

-Alex
I have custom tunes now, so I don't change them, but back when I was running the canned tunes, I ran +12,+12, and +9. I like a firm, hard shift. You might start with that or something less. Some have done +9,+9, and +9. I would not go higher than a =9 on the 3-4 shift. That is a weak point in the tranny. Also, b sure to set your max rpm at least 400 higher than your highest WOT shift point. If you go say 5200,5200, and 4800, then set the max rpms at 5600.

Quick Reply: Edge custom tuning