Edge Evo ordered!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Edge Evo ordered!!

I just ordered my Edge Evolution from Truck Add-ons!! I can't wait! I know that alot of people go for the Gryphon for the custom tunes and all, but I'm not real heavy into engine mods and such and just wanted to free up some extra HP and go for the extra gauges.

Am thinking of just putting it on top of the steering column instead of using the pod. It will block out the PRND21 display, but think it will keep it away from curiouis eyes. Or at least make it harder to see, and still be in plain view for me.

It can't come quick enough!!

Old 06-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Heavily modded or completely stock, you will benefit greatly from custom tunes. While the canned tunes that come with the Edge are good, the custom tunes are much much better and will give you a pretty big improvement in power, performance, mileage, etc. Just an all around improvement.

I'd run the Edge for awhile, see what you think, and then if you find yourself wanting something even better, pop for the upgrade. You won't regret it.

Old 06-13-2009, 05:16 PM
can a stock Edge be sent to PHP for custom tunes?

I went ahead an downloaded the Fusion software from the Edge website. But there was also a Lightning software. Which do I need to update the Evo?

thanks for any help

also, what would custom tunes run from them if you didn't buy the Edge initially from them?

Last edited by bigblackford; 06-13-2009 at 05:20 PM. Reason: additional question
Old 06-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by bigblackford
can a stock Edge be sent to PHP for custom tunes?

I went ahead an downloaded the Fusion software from the Edge website. But there was also a Lightning software. Which do I need to update the Evo?

thanks for any help

also, what would custom tunes run from them if you didn't buy the Edge initially from them?
Yep that's the beautiful part. You can send in the Edge to PHP, upgrade it to the Gryphon, and get custom tunes from there.

I don't know about the software for the Edge since all I've had is the Gryphon and the Pegasus software.

Custom tunes are I believe $60 a piece and I don't know what the price is to upgrade the Edge to the Gryphon. I am getting very close to being first in line for my tunes after waiting a bit now and I knwo they will be incredibly worth it. Just contact PHP or go to their website for mroe info.

Old 06-13-2009, 05:46 PM
cool! thanks. looks like it is $25 to upgrade it to the Gryphon and then $60 (I guess, each) for custom tunes.

could be that is in my future.

glad that this is something that you can add to as you go so it's a touch more affordable.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:34 PM
When you get the Edge it will come with the Fusion software CD's to install. Same with me I went with the Edge and plan on sending to PHP later down the road, you will love it. i havent stopped smiling since I got it, like driving a whole new truck!! Excitement again!!

Quick Reply: Edge Evo ordered!!