Asking for refund now. It has been since early April

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tarajerame
^^^ you think of that "brutal" "comeback" all by yourself???
It wasn't meant to be "brutal". It wasn't meant to be anything but funny and mocking of this whole situation.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:52 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by FordRacer2005
It wasn't meant to be "brutal". It wasn't meant to be anything but funny and mocking of this whole situation.
I took it as funny

I didn't mean anything towards you or anybody so I hope you didn't take it that way

lets get back to trucks 'eh????

Old 07-03-2009, 02:52 AM
This past weekend I received my tunes and installed my 3.5" AirForce1. I was also one of those that didn't see any action until I asked for a refund if I didn't see the tunes by the end of the week. They delivered. And, for the rushed product, it was a tune that caused me a CEL for running lean on both banks. I called them up, stating the problem, and within hours they had emailed me a corrected tune that fixed this CEL. I will forever wonder if I am missing out on some sort of performance for rushing them, but I applaud them for making an effort on keeping my business. They are a great company, and I am very happy with my Troyer tunes.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:41 AM
ive lurked here for quite a while and have read many stories about long wait times....quite frankly, its doesnt make sense. Both of my fords have SCT tunes, my car was originally tuned by JW, back in 2000.....then again by Lonnie Doll in '05. My tune from him was way more complicated than the eleven thousands tunes for 5.4L F150s with 35in tires and an AF1 intake that Troyer bangs out. My car was then retuned for a different MAF, bigger injectors and a very revised convertor and shift scheduling along with a motor swap and no cats, done by a then employee of SCT when he worked at their shop in Longwood, FL. I was his guinea pig since everyone who works there all have 4V roots blown cobras.....it took him 30 minutes. Since I was aware of Starkie's rep, I had him tune my truck as I refused to pay more money and wait up to two months for Troyer to do it. I got my tuner in 6 business days as I ordered on a friday and he was closed on the following monday. My tuning was spot on the first time and there were no hiccups on the economy tune, 87 performance tune, and 93 performance tune. Quite honestly, reasons for multiple hex codes can be made and reasons can be given but for someone be this involved and experienced, to have his own sponsorship on this forum and to have such poor service and exorbitantly long wait times, quite frankly, is beyond me.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not sure why they tell everyone 8-10 weeks when its allways 12-13.... what gives there thats an extra month.... I waited it about killed me but There rep as a good tuner trumped the wait time for me....my tune was great on the dyno the A/F was perfect .....but it took FOREVER lol

Troyer always = 12-13 weeks of wait time

Old 07-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
If you don't want to wait, do what i did, call and make an appt for the dyno. Mike was able to dyno tune my truck in person and get it spot on. My wait was less than 2 weeks from order to dyno time. It was well worth the 400 mile trip down to his shop.

Old 07-06-2009, 12:56 PM
why would someone want to make and appointment and drive down to watch their truck dynoed and taken care of on the spot when the can order through the mail and then come up here and complain. why even go to Troyer? I have read through this thread out of boredom and seen about 4 people that have the experience to write tunes in a matter of hours. Heck why not just start a database with everyone's tunes and distribute them on your own time as canned tunes seems like it should work. What I don't understand is how you can read all the long wait times from Troyer and then still use him. Knowing how long it will take you come up here like the previous whinners and complain that he is taking to long when you already knew in the beginning he has the longest wait time. You get the tunes and still you cry like a not going to use the word saying you want a refund. What was your point of the thread. Did you want your money back? Should have called Troyer. Did you want your tunes done? Should have called Troyer. Your tunes are done and still you whine and complain. Guess it was attention you were after. You did the right thing start a thread and talk about someone else to make you feel better. Customers like you make it hard for those that understand have a decent business transaction. For someone that cries to get to the front of the line and make others wait and then cries because he has been served and has no reason to be in line anymore. Enjoy the tunes and move on. No need to post anymore, but you will and will probably want to call Troyer with a bunch of dumb questions on the phone and take up 2 hours of his time answering nonsense when he could be doing someone else's tunes that are worth it.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Please stop your whining, ask for a refund, return the tunes, and move on down the road. I for one am tired of reading your crap..You knew you would have to wait and from reading the threads here you should have considered the fact that the wait would be longer than you thought.
What, me biased, a nut-hugger, a Troyer follower, your damn right I am.
I have spent one hell of a lot of time at Troyers Shop in the past 5-7 years, acutally worked for them and helped them move into their new location and install the dyno, took phone orders from many of you in this forum, did installations, packed and shipped orders for many here and all over the world, took phone calls for Mike from other tuners requesting information, took calls from Australia, New Zealand, Wales, Russia, England, and several other far off International locations and provided parts and service to almost all of them. I KNOW WHAT KIND OF BUSINESS THEY RUN, AND THAT THERE ARE MANY OTHER BUSINESSES THAT WISH THEY COULD PROVIDE THE KNOWLEDGE AND SERVICE THAT THEY DO AT TROYER'S...PERIOD..

Last edited by Marc Carpenter; 07-06-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by Marc Carpenter
Please stop your whining, ask for a refund, return the tunes, and move on down the road. I for one am tired of reading your crap..You knew you would have to wait and from reading the threads here you should have considered the fact that the wait would be longer than you thought.
What, me biased, a nut-hugger, a Troyer follower, your damn right I am.
I have spent one hell of a lot of time at Troyers Shop in the past 5-7 years, acutally worked for them and helped them move into their new location and install the dyno, took phone orders from many of you in this forum, did installations, packed and shipped orders for many here and all over the world, took phone calls for Mike from other tuners requesting information, took calls from Australia, New Zealand, Wales, Russia, England, and several other far off International locations and provided parts and service to almost all of them. I KNOW WHAT KIND OF BUSINESS THEY RUN, AND THAT THERE ARE MANY OTHER BUSINESSES THAT WISH THEY COULD PROVIDE THE KNOWLEDGE AND SERVICE THAT THEY DO AT TROYER'S...PERIOD..

Well put Marc

Old 07-06-2009, 04:09 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
at least others are speaking out about this rediculous whining

Old 07-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Technical Article Contributor

maybe I should start thinking about ordering mine, even though I won't be ready for quite a while.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:17 PM
glc
Received 774 Likes on 715 Posts
Marc, if you have inside knowledge - WHY does it take so long to get your order, and why is it now appearing it's taking a month longer than promised? I don't care if Mike is Jesus Christ, this is bad customer service. This has brought down bigger businesses than his.

I don't blame people for getting pissed when they are told 10 to 12 weeks (ridiculous to begin with, but whatever) and it takes at least another month and a refund request or two to get the product. If Mike is having issues, he needs to be upfront with his customers who have been waiting.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by glc
Marc, if you have inside knowledge - WHY does it take so long to get your order, and why is it now appearing it's taking a month longer than promised? I don't care if Mike is Jesus Christ, this is bad customer service. This has brought down bigger businesses than his.

I don't blame people for getting pissed when they are told 10 to 12 weeks (ridiculous to begin with, but whatever) and it takes at least another month and a refund request or two to get the product. If Mike is having issues, he needs to be upfront with his customers who have been waiting.
I am not at liberty to speak for Troyer Performance by choice and agreement with them. I can tell you however that Mike at one time was National President of the Cronic Pain Association and a lot of their time and profit from the performance business went into that organization.
And that when Mike is at work which is 7 days a week, that he is not sitting behind a desk or at a computer writting tunes. He has a business to run and is involved with every aspect of what is going on in the shop as well as the offices. ( Mike writes all the tunes himself)
As stated previously, I have taken calls for him from other tuners that I know involved their asking his input on tuning issues. And I know that several have asked his assistance on several occasions concerning the tuning of F-150's.
I do not want to break trust with the company, nor loose Mike, Anita, and the rest of the Company as friends and family so I can not elaborate any further.
Believe me when I say that they are committed to the business, and to their customer base.

Last edited by Marc Carpenter; 07-06-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Just to add on to what Marc said, I have been at Mikes on a friday that went into sat doing tuning on my truck. While Mike was running the dyno he was taking calls from other guys that had questions after hours. Some people just dont know what they are talkin about here Mike would give the shirt off his back. as Marc said Mike is one man that does every tune while running the shop, doing installs, phone calls tunes, runnin the dyno. he is only one man and I guess you can please every one If I was him I would tell you to go some place else with your money.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:16 PM
glc
Received 774 Likes on 715 Posts
Well, you guys that know Mike would be doing his business a great service if you told him to stop promising stuff by a certain time when he can't produce it by then. I don't care HOW LONG it takes to get a product as long as I know UP FRONT how long it's REALLY going to take. That is basic smart business!

You guys are painting him as being the greatest thing since sliced bread - and he very well may be exactly that - but to a customer that doesn't know him from Adam, he's coming across as someone who doesn't CARE about his customers. I am CERTAIN that this is not how he wishes to be portrayed. If telling people 16 weeks instead of 10 causes him to lose business, maybe that's business he's not prepared to handle to begin with. It sounds like he has more than he can handle.

Quick Reply: Asking for refund now. It has been since early April