Asking for refund now. It has been since early April

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 12:34 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FordRacer2005
That's kind of funny. Are you referencing VMP? Justin used to work for SCT writing tune files for all types of vehicles including F150s.
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/s...d.php?t=135931

Old 07-17-2009, 01:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tarajerame
alright this is pointless...
You got that right. Who gives a crap about knocking 1/2 a second off a slow pickup truck's 1/4 mile times? Who buys a Ford pickup truck to race? (except the lightning folks I guess)

Tuners barely make a noticeable difference anyway, and if not for the rough shifting, you probably couldn't tell it. This bickering about one tuner being better or worse than the other is silly. Who's butt dyno can feel the 1 hp difference between tuners anyway?

Just call Troyer on the phone. I have talked to him on several occasions. I have never bought anything from him, but he still answered my questions. He's a nice guy, and if you call him, he will probably make things right. If not, then you can talk bad about him.

Last edited by chester8420; 07-17-2009 at 01:24 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by FordRacer2005
That's kind of funny. Are you referencing VMP? Justin used to work for SCT writing tune files for all types of vehicles including F150s.
No I was not referencing Justin. I know he has done trucks for a while now but he did start his business on stangs. He has proven himself on the trucks as well.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Ok guys, hers the final post for me. Upon my returning to NJ from VA I again stopped at Troyer due to a problem with the Tow tune. We discussed it on the phone while I was at Smith Mt lake, and they suggested I stop by on the way back. Not only did I speak with mike, he looked at the truck, reprogrammed the tow tune, explained a lot, and then took it for a test run (with 4klb boat attached) just to be sure all was ok. Seems fine now. Just to state that the customer service and detail orientation by Mike was very good.

on that note, Mike suggested that since it was a new truck with 5k on it, and that I was hauling the boat up and down the east coast, to change the front and rear fluids in the housings. I took it to Ford this morning and because it is all synthetic it cost 263.00 incl and oil change. my question is how can I actually tell the dam fluids were changed? I was not aloud in the garage, even though I tried a few times. But is there a way to tell besides pulling the plug and using my finger?

Last edited by sml175; 07-17-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Sometimes you just got to have a little faith.......

Old 07-17-2009, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by FIBmeister
Sometimes you just got to have a little faith.......
Or do it yourself.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:59 PM
either :
a-so little you know,or
b-what you have been told...

Old 07-17-2009, 07:05 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Holy smokes, man. Do you trust anyone for their word?

Old 07-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Easy: Do it yourself.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:16 PM
As for some of the idiots posting dribble here, I try not to have a battle of wits with unarmed people! Thanks to all the rest. As for Openclass, if you do not know someones situation, A. keep your mouth shut, or B. Keep your mouth shut. I try to do as much on my own as possible, but after 49 procedures on my back due to some idiot hitting me, I cannot do many repair items. As they say, you cannot speak until you have walked in the other persons shoes. Thanks again to all who have helped and had positive constructive comments.

Last edited by sml175; 07-17-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Hey gang, let's just cool it. No reason to give anyone a hard time in this forum. Life's too short. We do better when we're helping each other. Let's move on.

- Jack

Old 07-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Thanks Jack.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:49 AM
Originally Posted by sml175
As for some of the idiots posting dribble here, I try not to have a battle of wits with unarmed people! Thanks to all the rest. As for Openclass, if you do not know someones situation, A. keep your mouth shut, or B. Keep your mouth shut. I try to do as much on my own as possible, but after 49 procedures on my back due to some idiot hitting me, I cannot do many repair items. As they say, you cannot speak until you have walked in the other persons shoes. Thanks again to all who have helped and had positive constructive comments.
Sorry to hear that. Back injuries are the worst, bar none. I guess that guy is taking this time to remove his foot from his own ***.

Old 07-18-2009, 05:34 AM
sml

Originally Posted by sml175
sml-my reply was to post # 90- not yours-, how my reply wasn't post number 91 -i do not know-by no means was this directed to you on getting your differential fluids changed

Old 07-18-2009, 07:15 PM
There are tons of tuners out there, some of them million plus dollar operations, I won't mention any big names, but one that look like little on the box. They custom tuned my rig, and it began pissing tranny fluid in my driveway, driveability was comprimised, and I was downright pissed off about it. (and they didn't care)

After I fueded with Troyer on here for what musta been a year, and downright talked **** poorly about him, he accepted my phone call, took over 2 hours out of his busy day, and convinced me to let him tune my truck (after I had called him out on what he could do in a thread)

So I figured, what have I got to loose, a few hundred bucks or at some point my tranny at the rate I was going. It took about 6 weeks and yes I was very impatient, but I told the man I'd give him a chance so I did. In the end, +38rwhp, no tranny peeing, and no driveability problems. The man is near a god at tuning this platform, and he isn't only getting business from this forum. We all have different computers, mods, etc so no, he most likely isn't saving a tune and sending it to everyone. He customizes each and every customers vehicle like it was his own, not to mention all the other projects going on in his shop. I treated the man like and he acted like he'd never read that stuff, though I know he did. I have more respect for that man and what he does and how well he does it than any other tuner I've ever spoken to. (and during my stang days, I spoke to alot of them....you'd be suprised how many of them are truely hack, and i'm not sayin any of them here)

Bottom line is good things come to those who wait. If you're unhappy with the wait, politely call them and ask anita for a refund. I'm sure they would accomidate you. No need to call them out in here like I used to cause you just end up looking like an azz.

Quick Reply: Asking for refund now. It has been since early April