Asking for refund now. It has been since early April

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 08:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Asking for refund now. It has been since early April

and still no custom tunes from Troyer. I agreed at 8-10 weeks not 12-16 weeks. I have a very expensive paperweight sitting in a box.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:21 AM
I am still waiting also. It has been since march.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sml175
and still no custom tunes from Troyer. I agreed at 8-10 weeks not 12-16 weeks. I have a very expensive paperweight sitting in a box.
I went through the same thing. But if you spend any time on this forum you know his posted wait times and actually wait times are no where's near each other.

Just get a tune from VMP. Trust me, you'll be so disappointed you waited 3 months for crap tunes when you could get a really good tune for $60 or so in less then a week.

I use the VMP tune full time and put the Troyer tune on once in a while to remind me of how crappy it runs on my truck. And don't expect ANY customer service to resolve any problems. Thats been well documented hear too.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:41 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
"Good things come to those who wait"

Old 06-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Yeah, it's refund time...Try another vendor like PHP, get a Gryphon and enjoy the canned tunes while you wait for your custom tunes.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got my Xcal3/custom tunes from VMP in 9 business days including 2 days for shipping. If they were email tunes it would have been 7 business days which is very reasonable. I've never ran Troyer or PHP tunes on my truck but I know the VMP tunes work excellent (at least they do on my truck). I have a little issue with shift pressure but it's already in the process of being taken care of. VMP has excellent customer service and Justin stands behind everything he does (not saying that Troyer or PHP doesn't -- I don't know because I've never dealt with them). If you're not happy with Troyer and want to stick with an Xcal3 I would call and speak with Justin @ VMP Tuning. I think you'll be glad you did.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by 88racing
"Good things come to those who wait"
"He that waits upon a fortune, is never sure of a dinner."
“He who waits for a dead man's shoes is in danger of going barefoot”

Trending Topics

Old 06-24-2009, 11:11 AM
We've seen this before, when you ask for a refund you will normally get your tunes by the end of the week.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by 08FX4
I got my Xcal3/custom tunes from VMP in 9 business days including 2 days for shipping. If they were email tunes it would have been 7 business days which is very reasonable. I've never ran Troyer or PHP tunes on my truck but I know the VMP tunes work excellent (at least they do on my truck). I have a little issue with shift pressure but it's already in the process of being taken care of. VMP has excellent customer service and Justin stands behind everything he does (not saying that Troyer or PHP doesn't -- I don't know because I've never dealt with them). If you're not happy with Troyer and want to stick with an Xcal3 I would call and speak with Justin @ VMP Tuning. I think you'll be glad you did.
I agree with 08FX4 completely. I'm very satisfied with my VMP tunes. I can't believe people are even okay waiting 8-12 weeks for tunes for a F150 ...

Old 06-24-2009, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by tcope
"He that waits upon a fortune, is never sure of a dinner."
“He who waits for a dead man's shoes is in danger of going barefoot”
How true!
How true!
"A man who spends his fortune foolishly is sure to come home with nothing.
A man who spends his fortune wisely is sure to come home with something."
LOL's
Sorry OP

Last edited by 88racing; 06-24-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:46 AM
you would think that with all of the business these companies do on tuning these trucks that they would have the files saved in a computer for different setups and just be able to attach them to an email and send them right out in no time. waiting since march and April is just ridiculous especially if you have already paid for them. i wouldn't have waited for more than a week after purchase before calling and complaining about it then demanding a refund. thats just stupid to have to wait 2 or 3 months. kinda like buying anything else when you pay for it you want to receive it in a decent amount of time.
but jmo and .02.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:56 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by sml175
Call them. Making a thread gets you nothing.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by jrfonte
you would think that with all of the business these companies do on tuning these trucks that they would have the files saved in a computer for different setups and just be able to attach them to an email and send them right out in no time. waiting since march and April is just ridiculous especially if you have already paid for them. i wouldn't have waited for more than a week after purchase before calling and complaining about it then demanding a refund. thats just stupid to have to wait 2 or 3 months. kinda like buying anything else when you pay for it you want to receive it in a decent amount of time.
but jmo and .02.
That's a really good idea if it could be done.
To bad there are thousands of HEX codes being used on these trucks. And to add to it thousands of drivers who each want different setups.
But you really do have a good idea!

Old 06-24-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by 88racing
That's a really good idea if it could be done.
To bad there are thousands of HEX codes being used on these trucks. And to add to it thousands of drivers who each want different setups.
But you really do have a good idea!
If you only knew.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:45 PM
it cant be that hard how else do the canned tunes you get work on all trucks not just one specific one with a certain hex code? i mean really, they sell the programmers that work on all f150 04-08 5.4l . not just if it is 4x4 or 2wd or long bed or short bed or regular cab, screw but all 5.4 04-08 models. so why would it have to be something special to be able to write a program for different hex codes? just save the different intake files exhaust files power level files and what not and just go through them and select which one someone wants and put them together and send em which in reallity is probally what they do.

Last edited by jrfonte; 06-24-2009 at 12:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Asking for refund now. It has been since early April