Edge to Gryphon Upgrade....

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 06:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge to Gryphon Upgrade....

can anyone tell me what the canned tunes on the gryphon are like compared to the edge? or are they the same?
and could someone estimate a cost(php maybe) of it all
ill just be gettin an upgrade,1 or 2 custom tunes( what do you guys recommend??) and usb cable... Thanks!!

Old 07-08-2009, 09:04 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Just posted in your other thread. Edge and gryphon generic tunes are the same.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think, from what I've read, that upgrading from an Edge to a Gryphon costs like $30, plus and extra amount (have to talk to PHP) for each custom tune.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:10 PM
88 are you sure there not available for my year truck? i just looked on the website and it says they now offer them for my year???

Old 07-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by tbowman053
88 are you sure there not available for my year truck? i just looked on the website and it says they now offer them for my year???
They are taking preorder deposites PENDING the release in July. So its July and the release has not happened JUST YET. I read the notice in orange that Groovy Chick put on there and that's what it sounds like to me. Turn your DEPOSITE in to get your place in line to make sure they have enough programmers to meet the demand.

When Groovy Chick posts that they ARE available then they are avaialable. The only thing I have seen her post is that they are getting the cable issue resolved and getting close to releasing the 97-03 gryphon back to the market.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:30 PM
whats this cable issue? and i dont need a gryphon b/c i would just udgrade my edge, but do i still need to order?

Old 07-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts
whats this cable issue? and i dont need a gryphon b/c i would just udgrade my edge, but do i still need to order?
When you upgrade the Edge, you send it in, along with the OBDII cable. PHP will recase the unit and flash new firmware into it. This turns it into a Gryphon. They will also load the custom tunes you order into it before sending it back. AND, they will check your cable to be sure it is not one of the ones that is prone to failure. If it is, it would have to be replaced.

- Jack

Old 07-08-2009, 01:58 PM
ok i emailed them with some questions,but so my best bet is to call once they release the gryphon for 97-03 again tell them the info on my truck and i want the gryphon upgrade and order my custom tunes,then do i send it to them? b/c i've ehard custom tunes from them can be lengthy..

Old 07-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Global Moderator &

ok i emailed them with some questions,but so my best bet is to call once they release the gryphon for 97-03 again tell them the info on my truck and i want the gryphon upgrade and order my custom tunes,then do i send it to them? b/c i've ehard custom tunes from them can be lengthy..
You can get an estimate of the time it will take to have your unit converted when you call them. I think they are trying to get the "conversion units" programmed and returned on a faster schedule than an ordinary tune request, since they know they are tying up your unit.

There was a time when they were swamped with orders and that led to long delays. Bill has gotten past most of that hump now and I think the wait might be 4-6 weeks (but don't hold me to that figure - I could be all wrong).

- Jack

Old 07-08-2009, 04:13 PM
ok heres anoher question. did they ever stop upgrading/custom tunes for the 97-03 or did they just stop ordering new ones from edge. Im ready to ship out tomorrow but need some answers!!! also how do i do an electronic signature???

Old 07-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Global Moderator &

ok heres anoher question. did they ever stop upgrading/custom tunes for the 97-03 or did they just stop ordering new ones from edge. Im ready to ship out tomorrow but need some answers!!! also how do i do an electronic signature???
They stopped doing all upgrades for those MY's until Edge worked out the cable problem. They also stopped selling new Gryphons for those MY's for the same reason. They continued to support any previously converted or sold Gryphons.

I don't think you really want to ship your unit to them yet, because they're going to keep it until it can be converted. And before you do, please take the time to read this page carefully: http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13...p/Upgrade.html Notice you MUST return your truck to stock! The link to the order form is on this page too.

At the end of the order form is a box for your electronic signature. When you click on it, you will be given the opportunity to use and existing digital ID or to create a new one. It's all pretty obvious if you just read through the form and let your mouse hover over any of the input boxes.

- Jack

Old 07-08-2009, 04:47 PM
yeah i have my order form filled out, and waiting til she post of something else. im tryin to get a hold of them to see if i could send them the order form for the tunes, then once thats finished send them to edge and have them do there thing and send it back. kinda makes more since then to send it to them and have them do nothing with it for a month ya know

Old 07-08-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm in the same conversion waiting game. I'm ready to ship when I see they are ready to go again.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:53 PM
ha and your also from maryland, cecil count here

Quick Reply: Edge to Gryphon Upgrade....